Hello Lovelies! I'm feeling list-y today.
2. As you can imagine, life has shifted into full throttle around here. We are still a "go" for the closing of our home for June 29th. We have begun packing and taking things to storage.
I love a good purge, and no better time than now!
3. I decided to take advantage of the cool weather and clean out the attic yesterday. I cranked up the music and got busy.... until I heard a noise behind the boxes which meant I wasn't alone. Clearly I didn't stick around to introduce myself. My sweet man will be
4. I officially became the parent of a TEEN this week. I do believe I found another wrinkle yesterday morning. Loreal Preference hair color 7G, we are becoming frequent friends.
Actually, this teen thing is pretty great! I believe if you can make it through the hormonal-emotional-awkward-preteen stage, it gets easier. We celebrated with a fun group of girls that my daughter has known since she was itty bitty. I love watching them grow into beautiful (inside and out) young women.
5. My husband's family has generously provided two places for us to store our belongings while we build our next home. Since it will take 3-4 months, we are saving so much by not having to rent storage units. We took another load to storage last night and my favorite mexican restaurant is conveniently on the way home.
6. With wild abandon I left my bed unmade for the first time in 11 months today. I felt like such a rebel!
7. Speaking of firsts, my younger daughter went to the beach with a friend for the first time this week. She's our homebody, so this was a big deal for her. Not wanting my other two offspring to feel left out, I made a surprise stop by Krispy Kreme today. I took one bite and realized that I have left my southern roots and no longer crave the KK. I'm a Daylight Donuts girl. How about you?
8. Since I didn't have a (whole) donut, I used a gift card and wasted calories by my preferred method:
10. My house is in total chaos right now, and yet, my spirit is at peace. My marriage is stronger than it has ever been. We've had to learn to depend on each other more this year than ever before; but we're finally okay with that. We've had to grow up a lot in the past few months. After all, we have a teen now! ;)