May 27, 2008

Enjoying the View

Ahhh.... the view!  
This is my dear Dad and our girls after a hike to the top.

We spent the long weekend in our favorite way: in the mountains and together with family.
My brother, who serves in the military, was able to join us (a special treat).  We kayaked down the river, played outside, relaxed, golfed, read, laughed, and ate my Momma's cooking.  We stayed up too late playing my parent's new Wii game... and slept in.  
Too bad everyday can't be like a long holiday weekend!  

How loving of my heavenly Father to allow a weekend of refreshment.
Sometimes I forget that He loves me as I love my own children.  He delights in me and loves to watch me grow and rest and live.  O that I may bring Him glory!


How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under
the shadow of Your wings.   They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house, and You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
For with You is the fountain of life,
in Your light we see light. 
Psalm 36:7-9

No comments: