1. It has rained enough to make a duck happy. In NC it is hard to find a good summer shower that isn't accompanied with thunder and lightning. Last week we had a deluge and I got mom of the week award when I announced it was time to go play outside in the rain. Moms, next time it's raining, surprise your kids with this free gift.
2. I discovered that I have a problem with culinary balance. It was past time for a grocery visit and my kids were in the fetal position due to snack deficiency. We didn't have a loaf of bread or a cup of milk, but we did have 7 varieties of pickles and 12 varieties of cheeses. Can't kids live off of cheese and pickles? What's wrong with you people??
3. I have been looking for a double walled cup with a lid to take to the pool, but I didn't want to spend $19 on a Tervis tumbler. Looky what I found at Walmart:
It's even dishwasher safe!
4. It's time for foster puppies again! This is one of the sweetest, cutest batch we've had yet.They make my girl very happy!
5. Last week a dear friend from college days stopped by with her boys. It had been 16 years since we last hugged each other's neck but we picked up right where we left off. A nasty storm hit as she was ready to leave so we turned it into a slumber party. What a blessing life-long friendships are!
We didn't even plan our outfits!
6. Our favorite baseball team has made it to the college World Series.
I showed my full support by introducing my kids to the real reason I go to sporting events:
7. We decided to try the food truck rodeo. It smells infinitely better than a real rodeo.
8. One of the hardest parts of leaving our old house was my hydrangea bush. If I could have dug it up and hauled it to the rental house I would have. So instead, we planted three when we moved to the farm and I am already enjoying the first blooms.
9. Father's Day was celebrated a little differently this year. One of our girls is sick, so I stayed home with her. Before my handsome boys left for church I snapped a picture. Bow ties make me as happy as hydrangeas. Is that a southern thing?