December 10, 2013

Christmas on My Porch

Welcome friends!
 The front porch is one of the most important rooms of your house.  It sets the tone for your home.  It is the first impression for anyone who visits.  I want my porch to reflect warmth and fun.

Even if you don't have a large porch a couple of special touches are all you need.


 It doesn't even need to cost much.  The only thing I purchased for our porch was the burlap ribbon.  We spray painted the bird feeder red, pulled the basket out of the barn and filled it with sprigs from the yard.
We cut some trees down earlier in the fall and I requested the "best branches."  Tucked into the wagon that was hidden under the house, they make a fun little spot on the porch.

I also pulled out my summer red pillows.  Left over trimmings from our tree and a few balls thrown on the table took ten seconds to put together.  
 My man was thrilled when I asked for an antler.  I like the natural element.  He likes the antler.   Antlers are all the rage this year and they are EXPENSIVE.  We have a large collection to choose from... for free.  Yes, my husband likes this designing fad!
Speaking of him, he always makes my fresh wreaths.  He is so talented.  This year he added in some cedar, rosemary, and red berries to the Frasier fir.
 The door color is Sherwin Williams Festoon Aqua.  It's my most asked question about the new house.
The exterior color is Sherwin Williams Earl Grey

Welcome to our farmhouse!
Come back for a peek inside!

I'm joining the party at
The Nesting Place
Between Naps on the Porch
The Dedicated House
Coastal Charm
Cedar Hill Farmhouse
Cozy Little House

9 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

I want to come drink coffee and eat Snickerdoodles on your porch and we can solve all the problems of the world :)!!!

Such charm!!!

That red and white ribbon mixed with the burlap? LOOOOVE!!!

ashley said...

So. stinking. beautiful. "Warmth" is definitely the word I could use to describe your entire house. I pray that my home feels as warm and welcoming as yours does!

The Corbett Family said...

Oh my goodness, those are all my favorite colors wrapped up in one place, LOVE it and so inviting!

Jodee said...

You have the BEST taste! I am ready to move in!

Unknown said...

So, so comfortable and welcoming. Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Richella Parham said...

Gretchen, I can see why you get asked about your front door color a lot. It's just the perfect complement to your grey siding, isn't it? And it serves as a beautiful backdrop for your wreath. I love, love, LOVE a painted door. Our front door here is pretty--it's a very heavy mahogany door--but to tell the truth I'd much rather have a painted door! :)

Tracey said...

Just full of wonderfulness! LOVE!

SewSweetVIntage said...

Love your country look! Pinned:) Merry Christmas

Kimmy said...

Looks beautiful! I’m looking for a new front door if you don’t mind me asking where did you’re door came from? And the light fixture