December 5, 2013

Simple and Glorious


Did you have a wonderful Thanksgiving?  It was busy but beautiful here.
We traveled.  Returned.  Ate. Visited. Hosted. Ate out. Hosted.  And Hosted again.
I loved every minute.  
When we go to a potluck, I sometimes make stuff I love but the rest of my family won't eat.  I figure there will be enough other stuff for them.  Do you do that?  It sounds selfish, but there are certain things, like pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving and Asian Slaw in the summertime, that I just have to make!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Earlier this fall we hosted my daughter's volleyball team for a slumber party.  I wanted to share this super easy idea:
 Cellophane bags and ribbon make anything special (I heard that from a marketing expert).  We simply put candied popcorn from Target into the bags.  No cooking/baking required.  Very easy and inexpensive.  It made for a fun little gift/party treat.  As the holidays approach, look for easy ways to make people feel special.  One year I spent hours HOURS baking cookies to take to neighbors.  I realized that I had spent too much time trying to impress the neighbors (with cookies that ended up not looking or tasting that great) that I sacrificed important time with my kids.  A simple gift would have been appreciated, regardless if it was truly "handmade."  My kids would have appreciated the gift of time, too.  I'm learning to be okay with simple.

I may need to be simple, but my God sure is glorious!  Look at this picture he painted across our Carolina sky!

He also gave us a glorious gift of abundant green eggs this week.  Have you ever had a dozen green eggs?!  Dr. Seuss would be proud!

Speaking of gloriously simple, a friend gifted our family with some real hot chocolate this week.  My kids will never want Swiss Miss again!
 Happy December!

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

I've never seen a green egg!! Your new blog header is so stinkin' adorable!!

efulk said...

Love the green eggs! I do hope you had some with ham! :) Erin