January 31, 2014

SNOW!!!

 For all my mid-westerner friends, this post is a joke.  I know that some of you are SICK of the cold and snow.  If I was dealing with -12* temps I might feel the same way...
but in NORTH CAROLINA snow is a real treat!
I've made it no secret that winter is one of my favorite things in life.  I love frosty breath and pink noses.  Winter coats and fluffy mittens make me smile.  I've been doing a whole lotta smiling this week!

Snow days make me crave comfort food.
German pancake for breakfast and taco soup simmering on the stove.

All five of us spent HOURS in the snow.


Our property has rolling hills, but none that are really steep enough to enjoy a good sled ride.  So we improvise and burn gas all day long pulling the kids behind the 4wheelers.

We are lil' redneck, but sometimes that's more fun.  We have an old metal Coca-Cola sign that makes the best sled.  I've told my husband that it is also the most expensive sled because we could get a PRETTY penny for it on ebay.  I remember using the metal sign for sledding  when my husband and I were dating.  Good times.  Now that we have big kids, we have upped the ante:  
 Yes, it's as fun and scary as it looks.  Don't judge.
  

Our animals weren't quite sure what to do with all the white stuff.

I'm the mom, so the only photo that was taken of me was this selfie foot photo.
But I had just as much fun as all the other kiddos.  At one point I said, "this is the best kind of day.  It's freezing cold, we're all together, we are laughing our heads off and everyone is happy."

I love SNOW days!!!

4 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Same here, we hardly ever get snow. I am just itching for us to get at least one good one! All my teacher friends say NOOOO, but I can't help it! There is nothing better than cozy days with the family with open windows looking out onto white glittering snow! Glad ya'll are having such a blast!

Joy for the Seasons said...

I love that your goat smiles. :)

Samantha said...

I was thinking the same thing about the goat. haha. Looks like you are all having the best time. We have mounds of snow here and yes pretty tired of it. Longing for summer and our vacation time, however fall is my favourite time of year.

Samantha said...

I was thinking the same thing about the goat. haha. Looks like you are all having the best time. We have mounds of snow here and yes pretty tired of it. Longing for summer and our vacation time, however fall is my favourite time of year.