August 27, 2008

Chairs (what an exciting title!)

Last week I posted about our new dining room table that my oh-so-talented hubby made.
It turned out great, but our dilemma was finding chairs to go with it  ... on a very tight budget.
Over the weekend, my oh-so-smart hubby (same guy) suggested that we just paint the ones we already have.  I thought it was a brilliant idea, but I knew it would mean a lot of work ... the kind I am not that fond of.  Then my oh-so-kind hubby offered to do the sanding, priming and painting! 
I'm in love all over again!

We started with these:
And after lots of sanding and painting , we ended up with these:
We only had four dining room chairs to begin with, but our kitchen set had 2 extra chairs that we rarely use, so we just mixed it all up.  And now I present to you, our brand new dining room set:
Note: My husband did all of the hard work, but my poor pointer finger was pretty tired after this.  No, I know what you are thinking, not from pointing and giving directions.  I sprayed a clear seal on all of the chairs.  Whew.  I need a massage!

13 comments:

Kimba said...

The chairs look beautiful! Your hubby did a great job. They look perfect with the new table!

Anonymous said...

I love it! It looks so nice! And what a GREAT hubby to do all that work for you!

Anonymous said...

Looks great and I'm in love with your wallpaper. :)

Shilo said...

It's beautiful! Kudos!

Amy said...

Your dining room set turned out great! I love how the black paint really makes the chairs look fresh and new.

The Berry's Patch said...

Wow, the table looks beautiful!

Kellie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! They look awesome. Go soak your finger.... really, your hubby shouldn't make you do such strenuous work!! hee hee

Anonymous said...

Wow, those look great! You and your man make a great team. I'm in awe of you :) (But hey, I did take that one little baby step with those tiles in the dining room... maybe by the time the kids are in college I'll be 'done') :)
E

cherry said...

Those are some sassssssssssy chairs...your hubby did good! Rest that pointer finger..wink. cherry

Anonymous said...

You all are amazing--I think you are ready for a program of your own on HGTV! Miss Dixie

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Your husband ROCKS!!! And too funny...I was totally tracking with you about the poor, tired pointer finger, and then you had to let us know that you actually did some work with it. :)

Kirstin said...

I love how your chairs turned out. I'll have to study them more carefully. Refinishing furniture makes me nervous. Painting makes me nervous.

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

The chairs look fantastic!

~ Sarah