Last week I posted about our new dining room table that my oh-so-talented hubby made.
It turned out great, but our dilemma was finding chairs to go with it ... on a very tight budget.
Over the weekend, my oh-so-smart hubby (same guy) suggested that we just paint the ones we already have. I thought it was a brilliant idea, but I knew it would mean a lot of work ... the kind I am not that fond of. Then my oh-so-kind hubby offered to do the sanding, priming and painting!
I'm in love all over again!
We started with these:And after lots of sanding and painting , we ended up with these:
We only had four dining room chairs to begin with, but our kitchen set had 2 extra chairs that we rarely use, so we just mixed it all up. And now I present to you, our brand new dining room set:
Note: My husband did all of the hard work, but my poor pointer finger was pretty tired after this. No, I know what you are thinking, not from pointing and giving directions. I sprayed a clear seal on all of the chairs. Whew. I need a massage!