I'm joining my new blog-friend Meredith for a fun little ditty. My friend Susan and I were recently discussing our commitment issues when it comes to weekly themes, but I figured I could handle a monthly theme. So in honor of 11-10-09 (sounds like a count down) here we go!
1. My parents celebrated 42 years of marriage this month. It is cause for celebration because they have been a lifelong example of a beautiful marriage to so many people, especially me.
2. I started my Christmas shopping this month. Sigh. I used to start in August and be done by November.
3. Veterans day is tomorrow. Please take the time to appreciate the sacrifice of our military.
Only 2 people have volunteered to die for you.
Jesus died for your soul and eternal freedom.
Soldiers have died for your earthly freedom.
4. I visited the mall yesterday for the first time in months. My kids were confused when we passed 2 Santas.
5. At the mall, I was disturbed by how many kiosk vendors spoke in a French accent wanting to give me lotion samples and play with my hair. Personal space, people!
6. Don't even get me started on the Asian men wanting to give foot/back/head massages. In the middle of the mall. For all the world to watch.
7. I made a pumkin pie from scratch yesterday. It was so easy and delish, I'm sharing the recipe with you tomorrow. Not sharing the pie, just the recipe. Sorry.
8. Christmas music is playing at our house. It's never too early for Christmas music.
9. I attended the annual women's event at our church - the one where I come home with lots of table decorating ideas. I'll be sharing those this week, too.
10. I'm so thankful for you, my faithful (or maybe new) readers. Leave me a comment today... it's like a hug from you to me.