1. Gwen Thompson is the newest addition to the American Girl Doll collection. Each doll typically represents a certain time period and comes with her own series of books. Since I love all things history related, I was excited to find out what Gwen's story would be. History? Not so much. So what's her story? She's keeping a secret: she's homeless.
Really? The makers at Matel really want to touch that subject? And then charge $95 for a doll? A little ironic, doncha think?
2. Gwen's dad apparently skipped town and left them homeless. Hmm... sounds like a theme. Remember Kit? Her dad skipped town during the depression to "find work."
3. Speaking of parental themes, ever noticed how the mother is eerily absent in most Disney princess movies? Snow White, check. Cinderella, check. Jasmine, check. Ariel, check. There is a new princess movie coming out soon and I'm interested to see if momma's on board.
4. Why do I feel so cool when I wear jeans with a hole in the knee?
5. Why do some women think it is okay to wear pajama bottoms in public?
6. I heard this little jingle on a cartoon this morning: practice makes progress, practice makes progress Hmm... I think this is much more realistic than practice makes perfect. Nobody's perfect.
7. Why do weirdos like to hang out at the public library? I wish the library had a separate building for the free internet and weirdos.
8. Why did I schedule 2 major events in the same day? Why, why, why?
9. Why would someone do that? asked my 10 year old after seeing the news about Ft. Hood. Why do I have to answer such a sad question?
10. Why does Starbucks wait until November 17th to sell Gingerbread Lattes?