2. Stash the trash. Bring a plastic grocery bag to store trash. It hooks nicely onto the arm of your chair.
3. Lip service. Don't forget to cover your lips with SPF to keep them kissably soft.
4. Know your tides. If you find yourself caught in a rip current, don't fight it. Swim parallel to the shore until you no longer feel the pull of the current. Then swim inland.
5. Sandy isn't so dandy. Ever feel like sand is stuck to everything when you are ready to get in the car? Sprinkle shoes, hands, bottom of bags, etc. with baby powder. The sand will slide right off.
6. Keep it flavorful. We all know the importance of keeping hydrated, but it doesn't have to be boring. My kids love to add flavor packets to bottled water. We usually take several flavor choices to keep their interest. (This works great on long road trips, too!)
7. Keep it clean. Hand sanitizer feels so refreshing just before you snack.
8. Zip it. Zip lock bags can be your best friend. They keep the sand out and the good stuff in. We even use one for our camera. You can never be too careful. ;)
9. Mr. Freeze. Frozen grapes are a great beach snack. They can help keep the other things in your soft sided cooler from getting too warm.
10. Sheet music. An old bed sheet is the perfect beach blanket. It is lightweight but has a tight weave. Just make sure you aren't standing upwind from your neighbor when you shake it out.
Have a good summer tip? Do share!