1. Can you believe the devastation in the deep South? My heart breaks for them.
2. I've stretched the groceries about as far as I've ever stretched them. Today my kids had scrambled eggs and canned chicken noodle soup. It was literally the only thing we could find.
3. We're celebrating my husband's birthday tonight just the 5 o' us. I let the kids decorate. Who knew a valentines wreath, a
4. I made my first big cookie cake from scratch today. We didn't have a regular bag of chocolate chips so I used minis and chunks of a giant Hersey bar. What could go wrong?
Oh, maybe the fact that I used a flat pizza pan so now my house smells like burnt cookie drippings.
5. My brother has been trying to make it home from deployment for over 2 weeks. It involves a large plane that keeps breaking down. The fact that he had to travel over 8,000 miles of ocean made us a little uneasy. We're waiting on the phone call of his safe return...
6. Someone please tell me the secret to a clean toaster oven. Ours looks disgusting and it's less than a year old.
7. Here's a hypothetical question for you... if you find a snake in your yard/garage do you catch an release? ignore it? kill it? Just curious.
8. My son was dropped off from a playdate yesterday and the mom said, with a perplexed look on her face, "He wouldn't eat dinner." If your child is anything like mine, they NEVER skip a meal. She had taken them to CookOut and he said he would get migraines if he ate the hot dogs (which is true) and he would DIE if he ate the hamburgers. Umm.... maybe allowing our 7 year old to watch a documentary on meat processing wasn't the best call. Sorry, Erin.
9. However.... I HIGHLY recommend adding Food Inc. to your Netflix queue. It will change the way you look at dinner. Our family has made some drastic changes to our eating habits. Drastic and for the better!
10. We have a not-very-nice neighbor. When I say not-very-nice I am being VERY nice. (Have any of those??) I passed him in public yesterday, put on my big girl pants, and said hello. He completely ignored me. From 6 feet away. Needless to say it provided a good life-lesson conversation with my daughter who was completely shocked that someone would be rude to her momma.
Don't forget to answer #6 and #7.