October 17, 2012

Happy Little Things

 We've been on fall break and I'm trying to savor every single moment.  Even though I still have boxes calling my name, I'm trying to just enjoy each day and not become overwhelmed.  I unpacked this scale and decided that my mother's dish belonged on there.

Do you remember those bowls?  I have no idea what the name of the style is, but I DO have fond memories of my mom making dinner using this one, and it's brown counterpart.

I've been trying a low-carb eating plan.  I couldn't find our scales when I started the plan, so I'm not going by the pounds I lose, but rather the jeans I can fit into.  :)
These have helped me get over the "munchies."  So far, my favorite is the Cinnamon Roast.  If you live in the region, Harris Teeter has them on sale buy 2 get 3 free (but the sale only lasts through today, so get over there!)

Have you seen these Andy Worhol soup cans?  I walked past the display in Target, sucked in air, and backed up the cart.  My kids thought I was crazy because none of us eats canned tomato soup.  Silly children, they're not for eating, they're for decorating!

I captured this wondrous beauty early one morning.  It truly made me stop and praise the Creator.

4 comments:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Getting caught up on your new home and move. How beautiful! I know it will be a blessing to you and all those who enter its doors. :)

Mom said...

Glad to see "my" bowl being put to good use! Those soup cans are really neat (saw them sitting on the counter when we were packing & meant to ask you about them.)

Mom said...

Glad to see "my" bowl being put to good use! Those soup cans are really neat (saw them sitting on the counter when we were packing & meant to ask you about them.)

Little Oak Table said...

i am enjoying the new house pictures and those soup cans...how cute are they?!!