October 10, 2012

Settling In

Six days ago we moved into our new home.  We're getting used to the sounds, the feel, the living.  Pure chaos and contentment wrapped into a pretty package called settling in.
This is my favorite room of the house.  We calling the Keeping Room, but it's more like the Unwinding Room. By the way, the stain votes won.  We can always paint it, but for now, I'm thrilled with the results.  This is the only room that is semi-settled.  I needed to have one room that didn't have boxes.  The rest of the house looks like this:
 The Mud Room (most essential room of the house!)

 I don't mind doing dishes looking out at this view. ;)

 We opted for a large, open kitchen rather than a breakfast nook and a dining room.  Our former dining room table, lovingly handcrafted by my sweet man, fits perfectly.

I haven't put a single nail into the walls yet.  Possibly because we haven't brought over our pictures/art from storage yet.  Tomorrow night I have a date with a cute curtain rod hanger/guy.  I'm ready to add a little softness to some of the windows.
Even Rocko is settling in.  He's found his favorite sunning spot.

13 comments:

ashley said...

absolutely.gorgeous. can't wait for more pictures!!!

Kellieab said...

It looks beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics!

Tracey said...

Couldn't click over to your blog fast enough! WOW...LOOK AT YOUR BEAUTIFUL HOUSE!! So very excited for you!

Laura B said...

I love it, Gretchen!!!

Jodee said...

Your new house is fabulous! I, too, can't wait to see more!

Carrie said...

It seems like it happened so fast! I can't wait to see the rest of the house!!!!

MEEMAW said...

So excited for you and I can't wait to come and look for myself. I know it will be a real home and so well used for His glory and encouragement to all who come in and out.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! Your home is beautiful and I can't wait to see more!

Jennifer in NC
pumpkinsmom@hotmail.com

Mom said...

Glad Rocko has found a new favorite sunbathing spot.
It all turned out beautifully!

Mom said...

Oooh, love your new banner!

Little Oak Table said...

wow! can't believe you're all moved in! that is wonderful.

oh, all the fixtures, detail and color is fabulous!

on a much, much smaller scale i feel your pain of settling in-today i'm swithing out the boys clothes-from summer to fall/winter. aaannnnd my big boys have nothing to wear! looks like a small shopping trip is in order :)

truth in weakness said...

YAY!!! wow, can you believe it?? . . . i'm so very happy for you, & keep the pictures comin'!

Richella Parham said...

SO PRETTY, Gretchen. Just beautiful, really--the house, all the details, and the fact that YOU'RE IN! How on earth did you manage it? It seems that every single house project I ever know about takes much, much longer than planned. Your house seemed to get built very expeditiously! Is that right, or has the time just flown in my mind? Anyway, I'm so glad for you. Everything looks awesome. I look forward to seeing more!