October 16, 2012

New Home Details

 Thank you for your sweet words of excitement for our new home last week.  It feels like a dream.   There are still lots of little details to finish up, but it is coming together.  I finally worked up the nerve to drive a couple of nails into the walls.  Curtains are going up, but we still have sheets tacked to the master bedroom windows.  Baby steps. ;)

I thought I'd share some of my favorite little details from the house.

I bought this funky light at World Market.  I love it in our little hallway to the laundry room.

 My painter thought I was crazy when I asked him to paint my pantry door.  Crazy = happy!
  It is Sherwin Williams 6478 Watery.

I'm not quite ready to reveal my kitchen yet.  We still have the tile backsplash to finish but I will show a little peek.  Our cabinets are white cottage style (which means they rough them up a little bit to give them character so that I don't feel guilty when I put my first ding into them) with chocolate glaze to accent the edges.
 I found my kitchen knobs at Hobby Lobby for $1.50 each. They were the perfect compliment to the door knobs in the house.

The foyer holds several treasures.  The weather vane light fixture was an inexpensive find in a little mountain antique store.  A touch of black spray paint and it was ready to make its home here.  Remember the stained glass window?  She looks beautiful with new trim, allowing light to spill in from my laundry room.
 I have to mention the rug.  It's a 5x7 rag rug that I found at Ross last week.  For $10.99.  Seriously, can you believe that price?!  I love the pops of color that match the picture (from Art.com)

My painter equally thought I was crazy when I said I wanted a Robin's Egg/ Tiffany blue door.  Once it was done, his thoughts: "Muy bonita!"

15 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm crying!!! Miss you so much. Happy nesting

Shannon Dingle said...

Love all of it!

And our master - which I haven't painted yet, though it's next on the list will be Watery fro SW - love that blue, and especially love it on your pantry door!!!

DB said...

I can't get over how gorgeous your home is!! I am obsessed with your blue front door. Once we move to our next home (whenever that will be....), a colored front door is on my list of must-haves. I'm think some sort of turquoise right now. We'll see :) Can't wait for more pics!

Richella Parham said...

Muy bonita indeed!! So very pretty. I'm looking forward to seeing more, Gretchen--it's such fun to get a peek!

Jodee said...

Everything looks sooo pretty! You are doing a super job! I can't wait to see the kitchen!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!!

Jennifer in NC

Amy said...

Loving all the little details....but my favorite is the blue door! Beautiful!!!

Sara said...

The house looks beautiful! Thanks also for sharing where you found good deals on the accessories.

Kellieab said...

I love all of your fixtures and little details that are making your house a home! Beautiful!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Love your new home and so glad to have you sharing at Wow Us Wednesdays. I need you to add a back link or my button to your post. Thanks so much.

Pamela said...

LOVE all the little touches in your new home and LOVE the blue doors!!

Christi said...

Your home is beautiful! And we have those some doorknobs in our farmhouse here in GA! Xo

Unknown said...

I love love love this post! I am getting ready to paint the exterior of my home and love the same palette you have. Can you please tell me what color gray that is on the last picture with your blue door? Thank you so much!!

Alyssa Buckert said...

I love the watery colored door! I just used it in my kitchen for a door as well. What type of paint did you use when you did it? I used satin in duration from sherwin williams and I like it but I feel like I picked the wrong thing because it's dull rather than slick looking like yours. I like yours a lot!

Tracy said...

What color is the gray exterior paint