September 3, 2008

Fall Nesting

Melissa, over at The Inspired Room is having a 'fall fest' if you would like some ideas to decorate your nest.  Go check her (and all the great links) out!
The picture above is of my favorite white pumpkin.  It's about 9" in diameter.  I found it a few years ago on clearance at Target (love of my shopping heart).  The photo frame was inspired by several other blogs that suggest using photo frames for words, monograms, etc...  
I found these fall leaves at the Dollar Tree! It's hard to tell in the photo (I'm so photo-savvy), but they are very realistic looking.  The little rocks in the candle holder are a filler from the Wal. (used-to-be love of my shopping heart ... not so much anymore ... there is something to be said about cleanliness and friendly cashiers. I digress.)
This photo is dedicated to my BFF who got me started on this whole filling-cool-glass-jars-with-anything jaunt.  You know who you are.  
So in the 1st one on the left, I have dry black beans topped with a white pumpkin.  Did I mention I luv white pumpkins?  
In the middle container, I have my overflow of rice.  This is what happens when you buy the giant family size, only to get home and realize you have nowhere to store it.  Oh.  How about a glass jar?  Who said practicality can't equal beauty? 
On the right, are two packages of mini gourds I found at the Dollar Tree.  Man.  I gotta go back over there.
And then we come to my sweet little birdie.  He looked so silly just a peckin' at my fall napkin.  So I gave him a little something to eat.  Dry split peas on a candle dish is just what he needed.  His compliments to the chef.  
Remember this little project?  Here she is in all her fall glory.  It's amazing the difference a few leaves and gourds can make!  

Are you inspired to pull out your fall stuff?  No?  
Wow.  I suggest therapy.  
However, visiting The Inspired Room will be much cheaper.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning and I love all of your beautiful Fall pretties. Don't you just love fall? I know I do, even if our temps are still in the 90s! lol
Pop in to see me sometimes.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

trish said...

Your filled jars are perfect! Especially with your pumpkin sitting on top of the black beans! Will find my bag of black beans and fill a jar too. Thank you for lovely pictures of inspiration! Also, I understand about the rice! I found myself filling every plastic container I had after that purchase! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Lacy said...

Im eating my lunch on my break and lovin me some fall decor. I love it all and am going to go home and fill some jars!!!! I especially love the tray.

Ashley said...

I love all your colors. It feels so warm and inviting. Especially on those chilly fall evenings.

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Hey there! Love the cute ideas you are sharing here!! It really does inspire me to see everyone so busy nesting!

Thank you for sharing!!!

Blessings and happy fall to you!
Melissa

Teresa said...

Love how you filled the jars- I'm a big fan of any kind of jar- have tons-
Happy Fall
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I came on your site to drum up some enthusiasm for a good dinner, and I think your spaghetti recipe will be on deck for tomorrow- I can always count on you, friend! :) See you in the morning!

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Gorgeous fall decorating post! Thanks for sharing! I especially love filling glass jars, too!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

I love your jars. I love jars filled too with anything wonderful. Money would be nice wouldn't it? Oh my! Anyhooo, love the white pumpkins on the black beans, love it. Everything looks great and I wish I could come over for some hot apple cider and visit. Have a lovely day!
Blessings,
Debbie

Candice said...

Great job and so inspiring. I'm going to have to get my fall stuff out now!

The Berry's Patch said...

That tray is darling! I could see this as a centerpiece for a party. Your white pumpkins looks great on that black chest. Happy Fall decorating!!

Brandee :-)

Lacy said...

I added you to my prayer list and hope all is going smoothly!:) Thanks for your sweet comments.

Kirstin said...

Your decor would fit great with my house (C: I love it all!!
THanks for stopping by. I'll be back, your blog looks fun

Kirstin said...

Oh, and I'm loving the glass filled jars I'm seeing a lot of too.

Darlene said...

I love your Fall items....I esp. like that white pumpkin in the jar of black beans...cute, cute!! Your tray looks lovely all "falled" up!!

Candice said...

Great job! I especially love the jars. Rice and beans...what a great idea!

Meghan said...

I,too, love white pumpkins.
I bought one last year on clearance at Target.
My little man got it by accident & it broke.
Sigh.
Will be stalking Target this year for a white one after Halloween!
LOL

Rue said...

Your Fall decor is wonderful and cute cute cute! I especially love all the filled jars and that little bird :)

Happy Fall,
rue

jill said...

I love jars filled with goodies! Why do I always forget to do it myself?! Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I was thinking of not getting out all my fall stuff this year, but you have inspired me! Since I'm planning an Open House for introducing the new Close To My Heart catalog, I'll even have some others to share my "beauty" with when I use some of your wonderful ideas for "autumnizing" our home, too! As soon as this rain lets up, I'll have to walk next door & see all your "lovelies". You are such an inspiration in so many ways! I love you!!!
Mom

Catherine Holman said...

Your home looks beautiful decorated for autumn!
Catherine

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Great fall decorations...I think I'm almost ready to start putting mine out--I'm just clinging to the last vestiges of summer right now!

I just bought three more apothecary jars so it is great to see what you did with yours.

~ Sarah

jeanne @ Inspiring Ideas said...

Looks like you're lovin' the seasonal change! Love your jars and ideas! I will admit, I'm a summer fan, but do appreciate fall once it's upon me. :-)

Traci @ The Bakery said...

This is about the 5th post I've read about those leaves at Dollar Tree.....I need to go find me a Dollar Tree soon before they all "leaf" the store. You have a great blog!!!

Amber said...

I love the way you've decorated!