May 3, 2013

Preteen Room Reveal


My middle daughter and I have very similar tastes when it comes to home decor.  Her room has been so fun to put together.  Our starting point was the comforter from PB Teen.  I almost didn't order it because it was on clearance with a no return policy.  I'm so glad we took the chance.

She wanted to have watermelon pink as an accent color so we found the shams at TJ Maxx on clearance for $5 apiece.  The headboard is my favorite because it was mine as a preteen.  It used to be white, but we added Krylon Watermelon Pink spray paint and I love it even more!
The walls are Sherwin Williams Tame Teal SW6757.  She wanted a "happy color" and Sherwin delivered.


This is my favorite space ... the reading nook.

So many friends have asked if I painted the picture.  Oh how I wish I could claim its lusciousness!  I squealed when I discovered it at Hobby Lobby because I knew the colors were perfect for this space.

 My sweet girl loves her alone time.  She's creative and an amazing writer.  She spends lots of time thinking up new things for her space.  She created this pinboard with some fun fabric we found at Joanne's.

Every time I enter her room I smile.  Her room holds special memories for me.  My childhood mirror, bed, and even my hope chest are being put to good use.  There are still a few things we would like to tweak, like adding ruffles to the bottom of the curtains; but for now, it is the perfect space for my girl.

I'm linking up with 
Shabby Creek Cottage
From My Front Porch to Yours
The 36th Avenue
The Charm of Home
Savvy Southern Style
Imparting Grace

8 comments:

Richella Parham said...

It's wonderful, Gretchen! What a great space for a girl. I know it must do your heart good to see your things being re-used by your precious daughter. Thanks for the glimpse into her beautiful space!

Kellie said...

Beautiful!! Love all of the colors. :)

carrievintage said...

adorable! great job!

MEEMAW said...

Love this and know that that precious daughter does too!

Unknown said...

Lovely room. I love the bedding, the headboard and especially the way that painting pulls the colors from the rest of the room. Beautiful. I'm sure your daughter loves it.

Richella Parham said...

Just stopping back by to say that I featured you at this week's Grace at Home. Honestly, I may just have to do a whole post featuring your house! For that matter, I would love to come visit you at your real house!! Maybe this summer sometime we can actually pull off that get-together that we've talked about. . . .

Joy for the Seasons said...

Love that wall color and glad I have this post to reference when I am ready for it! When we redo Peanut's room for a big girl, I am doing bright pinks and blues, with bird accessories I have been collecting along the way. Thanks for always sharing the details of the decor!

Linda said...

I love this room and it is perfect for a pre-teen, teen...or just any gal who loves fun...and color!

You two did a great job!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits