November 6, 2013

DIY Scripture Pumpkin

This is a super easy craft that is perfect for the month of November

 Cast of characters: ModPodge, faux pumpkin, Dollar Store Bible,

I used an exacto knife to cut the pages out of the bible.  Then my daughter cut random pieces from the pages.

Working in sections, we painted the pumpkin with ModPodge using a foam brush.  Then we threw all caution to the wind and used our fingers to smooth the paper down.
The last step is to cover all of the paper pieces with a coat of ModPodge.

 I love how the scripture references show up so clearly.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Such a neat idea & how special to have that extra set of hands doing it with you!
Mom

emily bennett said...

ohmygoodness. i love this. but let me tell you, i have heart palpatations. i can't throw away old worn out Bibles from my teens, i can't imagine cutting one up! makes me panic just watching your exacto knife in action! bahhhh!

be honest, did you panic at all? i may have to get you to make one of these for me, i don't think i can make myself do it lol.