June 17, 2008

He's Talking

Over the weekend we visited family in the NC mountains.  One morning, our 4 year old son was gingerly walking around the edge of an elevated patio with a 4' drop-off.  Unbeknownst to him, his great uncle was watching from a balcony above.  In a deep voice my son heard, "Be careful, I don't want you to fall off of that."

Curious, my son looked all around and finally up.  
Oh, I thought you were GOD talking to me! he said.


This afternoon, we were playing doctor and he listened to my heart with a real stethoscope.
Did you hear anything? I asked.
Yes!
What do you hear? 
(fully expecting something like 'thump thump')
I heard Jesus!
What did he say?
He said 'I love you, Mommy!'  
But you're not HIS mommy.
Who was?
Mary.
Who's your mommy?  
You are.  But Jesus still loves you.

Wow!  Thank you, God!  I needed that today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sweet! That boy just melts my heart!