June 30, 2008

So Beautiful


Remember that Joe Cocker song, "You Are So Beautiful"?
I remember it from the 80's radio station 102LITE.  You know, the stuff we thought was so cool, they now play in elevators and while I'm shopping at Food Lion.  My personal favorite is the Lionele Richie version.  In case you are scratching your head, let me refresh your memory:

You are so beautiful to me
You are so beautiful to me-ee-ee, 
Can't you see.
You're every thing I hoped for, 
you're everything I need.
You are so beautiful, to meee.

If you don't have it running through your head yet, look it up on itunes.  You'll be cursing me as you sing it for the rest of the day in your head. You're welcome.


On the way to the beach, the kids watched the remake of 'The Little Rascals' movie (silently, with headphones, I might joyfully add).  It brought many giggles as well as provided  a new appreciation for 'old songs' such as You Are So Beautiful.  The kids have been humming them all week.

Tonight at dinner, one of the kids answered "OTAY" to something and it set off the whole song list again.  Only this time, our daughter (the same one who looked in the mirror and exclaimed 'perfect' when she was four) began the song.  And it went like this:
You are so beautiful,
like me.
You are so beautiful,
like me, can't you see?

Oh, baby, we can see.  We can see how beautiful you are, on the outside, and the innocent, self confident inside.  

2 comments:

Kellie said...

Great... now I am singing that song. he hee

I am cracking up at your daughter's version.. too funny.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I miss that girl!!!
Erin