November 19, 2008

Table Topping Finale

Thank you for your sweet comments yesterday. Since you're so kind, I'll share these last two tables with you. For starters, I loved the simplicity of this table.
The pears were real ... what an elegant favor, spun in a web of green organza ribbon and highlighted with a pheasant feather.
Each pear had a different conversation starter. Isn't that so ... hospitable?!
The table was total elegance with green, brown and gold. I loved the feathery grapevine wreath in the center. The roses were real, and smelled heavenly.

The next table was my own. I had so much fun putting it together, on a very tight budget. I found these leopard plates at the dollar store!!! Can you believe it?! I didn't know such fabulousness resided there.
On my quest to find all things red and chocolate, I ran across these little reindeer, at the Dollar Tree. But they were copper, not chocolate. So grabbed my trusty spraypaint can and created this:
I wanted to use some natural elements along with the sparkle and animal print, so the cranberries, cinnamon sticks and my grapevine bowl were added. I heart this bowl. It was a present from a dear friend. I had admired her XXL bowl for a long time and on her last visit, she gave it to me. What a true friend.
I have 3 of these shiny brown frames around my house. I just exchanged the pictures for Christmas verses that I printed from my computer. Another idea is to frame christmas cards.
These were my little favors (Along with some dark chocolate, wrapped in brown foil). Aren't these place holders adorable? 2 for $1 at Michaels! You know me, I'm all about cheap! I chose this verse because it is very hard to BE STILL during this time of year. Just a sweet reminder for the ladies to take home.
This is the table in full. The red 'table cloth' is actually my tree skirt. The balls in the basket go on our tree every year, so they will stay in the basket only until next week. Oh, well, I'll have a fun dining room centerpiece for 2 weeks. Then I'll have to get creative. Again.

Thank you for bearing with me all week. I wish I could have taken each of you with me last Saturday and enjoyed the morning together.
Let this be an encouragement, not pressure to make everything perfect.
Just enjoy this time of year!

13 comments:

Shell in your Pocket said...

I love the pear idea..did it say anything on the other side of "What makes my Thanksgiving complete is..."????
-sandy toes

Laura said...

What great ideas! :)

CMB said...

I love both of these...two of my favorite color combos. What a find the dollar store leopard plates were!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

I am a little behind on reading, but the table centerpieces are all great. I love your table, especially the idea of using the leapord plates. You did a great job of creativity on a budget. Way to go! Jackie

Sunny said...

Loving these ideas. Your table came together beautifully. The little reindeer are great too. Such a nice addition to the tablescape. About perfect, I have a little saying to myself and I repeat it to myself as necessary which seems to be quite often! "progress not perfection" Enjoy your day!

The Writer Chic said...

New to your site from the Archives of The Nester. Your tablescape is just darling -- I love everything about it!

Anonymous said...

Well, having been there, I don't think the pictures do your table justice (it was BEAUTIFUL!) But every description on all of these was so encouraging & interesting (I think you could be a writer for Coldwater Creek!) Thanks for sharing all of these, not to intimidate us but to let us get a look at all the "lovelies". And I don't have to do a single one!
Mom

Lacy said...

Ok, Ok, Ok,.....I have a new and final favorite....that girl who did the red and leopard! Boy she is so good....she said she even did it cheap. Man, that is definatly the table I would have fought tooth and nail for!

Gretchen said...

Sandy Toes,
the pears did not have anything on the back of the tags. It was more of a conversation starter kind of thing. Neat, huh?

Amanda said...

LOVE your table! i love anything Chocolate and anything Red! what a great combo. Thanks for sharing all these- drooled over each table!

Vee said...

Omigosh! How clever! So many wonderful ideas here that my head is spinning. Finding you this morning has been just wonderful because I've been looking for some ideas.

Precision Quality Laser said...

I love the walk on the wild side your table took! What a fun event :)

trish said...

Your table is so fun! It has a nice mixture of whimsy and elegance!! I also really liked the fun tables you listed on Table Toppings 3! What a lovely time you all must have had. Thank you for taking the time to share so many pictures! It has been fun viewing them all!!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne