March 16, 2009

Things that Make Me Go Hunh?

I walked in on this the other day.


Whatcha doin?  Oh! I'm wearing Papa's old motorcycle helmet to practice for when I ride the 4wheeler.  
Of course.  Safety first!



This conversation took place a couple of months ago:
7yr. old: Mom, am I going to die before Grace dies?
Mom: Wwhat?!  I, mean, what do you mean, sweetie?
7yr. old: Grace says that left handed people die before right handed people.
7yr. old: I'm left handed.
Mom: Yes, me too.
7yr. old: Grace said she is going to live a lot longer than me.  Am I dying soon because I'm left handed?
Mom: No, but Grace is if she doesn't stop filling your head with nonsense. No, honey, you need to stop listening to everything Grace says.
7yr. old: Yeah.  She thinks she's smart like a teenager.
Mom: Yep. That she does. Snicker, snicker... cause I KNOW how smart they are.


Last week:
9yr. old: Mom, how big is God?
Mom: Well, he holds the universe in his hand, but he is small enough to live in our hearts and know us very well.
9yr. old: Well if he holds the world in his hand, how come he told Moses to turn away and only look at his back.  If Moses looked at his back, it couldn't have been that big.
Mom: True.  How'd you get to be so smart?
9yr. old: That's how God made me.
Mom: The beauty of God, is that he can be any size he needs to be.  I'm glad He's right here enjoying this conversation as much as I am.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you write these things down so you can remember them later. Too cute!

-Hayley

Carpool Queen said...

I have two lefties...Let's just say we're not going to be playing with Grace anytime soon.

Maisy said...

I just love what comes out of kid's mouths. Too funny. Actually, they are really smart. Innocence is so beautiful.
Thanks for sharing!!

Georgia Girl said...

How cute! Kids seem to come up with so many smart things now a days. I love the pic of your son. He is a cutie! Nice waking up in the middle of the night and read blog post in this nature.