December 20, 2010

A Sweet Day


Today was our first official day of Christmas break.   
Glory, hallelujah, amen and amen.
We decided to celebrate with a little shugah...
 1. Baking little treasures doesn't have to be tedious:  make a box of brownies and pour into mini muffin tins.  While they are still hot add a piece of Reeses cup or half of an Andes peppermint.  I love easy.  And chocolate.  And peppermint.

 2. The giant tub of pretzels at Target called my name because I knew I had some white chocolate bark at home to dress them up a little.

 3. Speaking of dressing, this is how I dressed my oreos for winter.  ;)

4. Have you tried the Spicy Mochas at Caribou Coffee?  Sweet with a spicy back kick.  Delish!

5. Speaking of a kick, I discovered a new recipe with a kick this week.  Pretzels being the main ingredient.  I promise to share the recipe.  Don't you like all of my segues today?  (I totally had to spell check segue).

6. Spending time with my kiddos in the kitchen sure beats trying to figure out 6th grade math!
Hope you had a SWEET day!

3 comments:

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

What a wonderful sweet day! Making Christmas cookies with my family is one of my favorite days!!

Kellie said...

Glad you got into the baking mode, too! The kids and I have to make some cookies sometime this week. My baking weekend last weekend took the wind out of my sails for a bit! lol :)

Mom said...

What fun! And I can't wait to taste & try...