Around 8pm my doorbell rang and I answered it expecting a neighbor (since no one just "stops by" out here). There stood the best birthday surprise I've ever had, besides the year I turned 9 and my dog had puppies on my day. My college roommate had driven 3 hours to spend the weekend with me! My sweet husband arranged for her to come for a surprise visit. She just happened to be holding her famous sour cream cheesecake.
2. We spent Saturday doing a little Christmas shopping, sipping a little java, and having a whole lotta chit chat. We had a good time watching the show in the parking lot. You know, the I-can't-remember-where-I-parked-the-car show with an opening act of it's-december-so-don't-you-dare-take-my-parking-spot. Crazy shoppers!
3. As we finished up our shopping it began to ..... snow! Here. In North Carolina. In December. A true miracle.
4. On a recent shopping
marathon trip with my mother-in-law I realized that teaching my children good penmanship and spelling is well worth the time and effort.
Mall kiosk marketing at its best:
It read: Just Tody alll pillow pets 19.99
5. I got an email from my brother who is currently deployed. It's just good to hear from him and know he is okay.
6. Christmas cards have started arriving in the mail.
7. I won a giveaway last week from Room Remix. Woot woot! Thanks, PK!
8. It is cold enough to enjoy the fireplace each night. Do you use your fireplace?
9. We have a very productive chicken. An egg a day is her gift to us. I'm hoping her sisters figure it all out soon. Then we will have enough to share.
10. Need I say more?
What makes you happy today?