Do you ever wish you could go back in time and warn yourself of a few things? Here's what I would say...
My daddy brought home 16 red roses to his little girl
1. Enjoy being 16. It's a magical age of growing up without having to be an adult yet.
2. You are not an adult. You think you are, and that you know all about life, but you don't.
3. That boy you think you're in love with? He's a nice guy, but there is someone PERFECT for you.
4. Don't be afraid you won't find the right guy. Just enjoy being you and he will find you.
5. That best friend who just "ruined your life" and broke your heart is really making you a better person, ready for new friendships in college.
6. Forgiveness is much easier than bitterness in the long run.
7. Perms are way overrated. They are going to date you and make your future children ask, "mom, why was your hair so weird and big?"
8. Thank your parents for taking you to all of your cheering events. You have no idea how much time and sanity they sacrifice for you every. stinkin. Friday. night. While football/basketball season is your life, they too, have a life.
9. Speaking of parents. Yours are pretty amazing. They're trying their best and want the best for you.
10. Oh, and your mom is going to discover your secret stash of Europe tapes under your bed.
11. Don't take for granted the trips they take you on. It is a sacrifice, but you will remember them for the rest of your life.
12. That cute little body you have? Enjoy it. It won't last.
13. Children are the most amazing gift of life, but someone should prepare you a little better for the havoc it will wreak on your perky little self. Let's just say size A was so nice.
14. Enjoy your weekly intake of blueberry biscuits from Skats and after-the-game Pizza Hut routine. In about 3 years, it's going to catch up with you and you'll have to discover aerobics class at the YMCA.
15. I know you really want a red Fiero car. They are going to stop making them and then they won't be popular and then you would be driving a car that you can't find parts to it. But I really don't need to explain all this because you're going to get your mom's red Volvo instead. It's a great car, but you won't know that until you're in college and meet some granola people who think a Volvo is "all good". So...
16. Don't trade in the Volvo for a cheap redneck pick-up truck with no power steering. You will totally regret it. Your mom's new Ford Probe with turbo boost is much more fun. But one day your future children will see it and say, "what kind of car is that?!"
17. Enjoy your adorable, pesky little brother. One day you will look up to him in so many ways.
18. Don't tell your parents you want to be a "young" mom. It might scare them. You'll be glad you went to college, met the man of your dreams, and
19. I know you are super self-conscious and insecure right now, but you are a beautiful, young woman who will one day be living her dream with her Godly husband and beautiful children.
20. You have a good life ahead of you. It won't be without tears or hard times but it will be worth it.
What would you tell your 16 year old self?