1. We had a touch of fall over the weekend. It was wonderful, but now that we're back up in the 80's with humidity I feel like I was given one chocolate chip from the bag. Only one.
I'm craving more!
2. By mid-September my house is usually filled with fall decorations. What is it this year? I have one gourd sitting in the powder room. That's it. Over the cool weekend I almost bought a couple of mums. Now that it's muggy again, I can't bring myself to do it.
3. We decided that our son would have to be deathly ill before we took him to the emergency room this week, for fear that we might be turned in for this:
He "clotheslined" himself on Sunday. I guess the vine won. He didn't even tell us it happened, so imagine my
horror surprise when I noticed the slice on his neck when he got out of the bath. Boys! It's a whole 'nother world from girls. ;)
4. My 10 year old has been sick for the past two days. It may or may not be a result of
not so great parenting choices staying up really late for 2 days in a row and sitting in the drizzle of rain for 4 hours to watch a football game. While I never like my children to be sick, I have to admit it's been kind of nice to be forced to lay low and stay at home.
5. I made these yesterday. When my kids asked what they were I said, "Energy Balls." It kind of just rolled off my tongue. I feel like a really good mom when I hear my kids say, "mom, can I have an energy ball?" Yep, it sounds so much better than, "mom, can I have a pop tart?" I'll go with it! :)
6. I, on the other hand, found a new way to feed my addiction to Nutella. Now I can enjoy my favorite chocolate silk in the car:
7. I've been mulling over a topic that will probably go against my non-confrontational persona: Kids in Church. The last time I touched on this topic a tempest blew in from the north and nearly killed us all. I ended up having to remove the post from my blog because of the fall out; so we'll see how frisky I'm feeling toward the end of the week.
8. Since we're on the topic of confrontation. Here's the thing. I have a few local bloggy friends that I know read my blog, but rarely comment. I comment on their blogs but crickets chirp here. I kind of see blogging as a good conversation. Just a lil' disheartened.
9. With that said... I have gained some new readers lately who have left the most encouraging comments. So THANK YOU "Alice," "Michele," "Thoughts for the Day,""Laura," and "Emily" for joining in on the conversations here at NEM.
10. We're having tacos tonight. It's one meal that my family never tires of. Tonight it's grilled chicken on soft tacos. What's a meal your family never says no to?