February 21, 2012

Tuesday Tidbits

1.We had to say goodbye to the foster puppies.  It was a hard day.  My little man sobbed.  My middle daughter played the guilt trip on me for not keeping at least one.  I think my oldest daughter and I had the same opinion: it was fun while it lasted.  We're thrilled that each of the pups has a new forever home.  It was a great experience for our family and I loved the responsibility it taught my kids.  I also love having a clean mudroom again.

2. The weather here in NC has been WEIRD.  The kids had on shorts Saturday and by Sunday evening it was snowing.  First snow of the year, by the way, and it was gone by morning.  :(  This we are prepared for snow with snow boots, snow jackets and snow gloves and we haven't had a chance to use them.  Isn't that the way it goes?  Two years ago we were putting plastic bags over the kids sneakers because we weren't prepared.  Jack Frost didn't get the memo.  I love a good snow.  Oh well, we still have a couple more weeks of possibility.

3. Due to the weather changes, our whole family is sharing a cold.  Nothing earth shattering, just blehs.

4. My UPS guy asked me if I would warm up his lunch in my microwave.  Isn't that kind of weird?  I left him standing on my front porch while my dog barked like a rabid canine through the window, so I gave him a diet Pepsi to go with his chicken and broccoli.

5. We celebrated #11 with our sweet middle girl.  Just a few sweet friends over for a slumber party.  Eleven year old girls giggle.  A. LOT.
Do you like the flower hanging from the light?  I made it from the left over plastic tablecloth. I think I'll have my girls make more of those next time.  Super easy and so fun!

She surprised us with her dinner choice: Make-your-own subs!  The girls had fun putting them together.  Nothing like a little umbrella to make it girlie! ;)

They made a movie (yawn) and then watched a movie so she wanted a movie cookie cake.  My husband's skilz came to the rescue.

Beautiful girls, inside and out, are a blessing to have in our home!

Happy Tuesday

8 comments:

B. said...

That is something sweet to do for the UPS man. I try to remember to offer them water or soda during the very brief minute they are at my door

Little Oak Table said...

what a sweet party! ok, i can't believe the ups guy had you microwave his lunch! that is hilarious!

and little man sobbing over a dog-that's enough to break my heart!! :)

thanks again for your words yesterday, they were so good.

Thoughts for the day said...

That is hysterical about the UPS man, I guess he figured you are a nice lady and he wanted a warm 'lunch' be careful opening doors even if they are in uniform I have seen those 'movies'...
I am sure he was a nice guy.

Mom said...

Love the birthday pictures! (Of course, love the puppies picture... they were such fun!) That last one of all the girls with their sleep masks is SO cute!

Liv said...

Thank you for this post of the girls...What fun! I have a 3 1/2 year old strong-willed daughter and I'm struggling with patience at the moment. Seeing these sweet pictures encourages me that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! I can't wait to have pictures like these fill my home one day! Thanks again!

Richella Parham said...

Those puppies are absolutely, positively adorable. I know what you mean about having a clean mudroom again. . . puppies are a LOT of work! But so huggable!

Looks to me like y'all had a great birthday party! The years fly by too quickly, don't they??

Kellie said...

Oh, how fun! Glad she had such a great birthday. :)

Mom said...

Oooh, love your new header! Love the bright colors!