My previous blog was quite appropriate as I was in the midst of packing my family for vacation. I know it's been quiet for awhile but I've had a good reason:
We just returned from a week in Florida. Six days of Disney World and our senses are on overload. Blissful overload.
What a memory we made! We visited Magic Kingdom (3x), Epcot, Animal Kingdom and Disney's Hollywood Studios.
Today I was asked what the "best part" was. The rides? The food? The characters? Mickey ears ice cream? Cinderella's castle? The shows? It's a Small World?
Yes it was all magical, but the BEST part was watching my parents watch my kids. I loved seeing the love that I have for my own children reflected on my parents' faces. It was a perfect week. The kids are still at that magical age where it is FUN; they aren't yet thinking they are too old for the kiddie rides or too cool to hold hands with mom. I soaked it all in, knowing that when we do return (in several years) that it will be at a much different stage in their lives. As they are getting older, I am learning to savor each moment a little longer.
I was so proud of my kids. How they had the stamina to go non-stop for 6 days is beyond me. I bet we walked 5 miles each day! And my dear hubby. He did great. I know I haven't blogged about his leg surgery (we'll save that for another day), but lets just say that it is nothing short of a miracle that he could walk, without complaint, for that many miles.
Here are my top 10 for the week:
10. My mom getting to see parades and fireworks (her absolute favorites!)
9. Dole pinapple floats
8. Getting the Princesses' autographs (this is the last year for that to be a priority for my girls, I am sure)
7. My husband talking our 4yr old to go down Splash Mountain (he was the only one who didn't know how wet your pants actually get)
6. The house we stayed in: our own pool, clean sheets, our own toilet and quiet neighbors
5. Tower of Terror (a great thrill ride!)
4. Getting goose bumps each time we walked into a theme park while they played the music
3. Holding hands with my kids for a whole week.
2. Spending uninterrupted time together as a family
1. Watching my parents enjoy their grandkids
As I sit here listening to my 12th load of laundry purr, I am tired and refreshed all in one ... Is that possible? Maybe it's ... magical!