March 26, 2013

Crafty Tuesday

We watched the rain come and go at the farm yesterday.

 It was cold enough to keep us indoors.  We decided to create spring with paint and paper.
We go through crafty seasons.  I wish I were more consistent.  We all love doing it.  Until someone gets the I'm-not-good-at-this bug.  But for the most part, my kids still get excited when I pull out the craft stuff.  We used a white crayon to draw Easter eggs, our names, "spring" onto craft paper. I still haven't discovered my box of water color tubes since the move, so we improvised and watered down acrylics.  Tomato, tomoto.  We then brushed lightly with the paint and revealed the image.  Simple fun.
Last night my girls and I had a lesson on pysanky egg making, which is a true art, not just a craft!  A sweet friend invited us into her home (with all the cool supplies) for a lesson on wax and dyes.

We had so much fun learning an ancient craft.  Ours weren't perfect, but we sure had fun leaning!  My friend gave us the etched brown eggs from our hens!
Today the kids wanted to make paper pysanky eggs.
 I found the printables here.

Tomorrow we will read this:
And we will try this easy craft.  I'm going to keep this craft ball (or egg) rolling!
Happy Tuesday!

3 comments:

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Beautiful eggs. You have inspired me to try some projects with the boys this weekend.

Sandy said...

Beautiful! (As your grandma would say...)

Kellie said...

I LOVE THESE!!! I live vicariously through your crafts. lol :)