October 3, 2013

Fall Open House at Willow Hill Farm (part 1)

Welcome! 
Have I told you that we named our farm?  When we first found the property, we decided that it needed a name.  We chose Willow Hill because we built our home on the hill overlooking a marshy wet weather creek that leads to our pond.  Along our driveway we planted willow trees, and thus the name.
Willow Hill Farm

The picture below shows the true color better.  Sherwin Williams Earl Grey is a true grey...no blue, purple, or tan undertones.  


 We spend quite a bit of time out on our front porch.  The kids play a lot of basketball out here.  I love that it is shaded in the late afternoon.
Front door color: Sherwin Williams Festoon Aqua

I have a thing for garden flags


I got a little crafty and revamped my fall wreath.  Chevron burlap ribbon?  Swoon.

Ya'll come on in!



We had a party and a sweet friend brought this little mum as a hostess gift.  Isn't it precious?!  She let me in on her little secret: a brown paper lunch bag with the top 1/3 cut off.  Brilliant!
I love the simplicity.

 Since I can't even remember my own offsprings' birthdates when asked over the phone (does anyone else spaz out over silly stuff like that when put on the spot?!), you know I can't remember where I found this cute printable last year.  But I still love it!

Eventually I plan to paint this piece of furniture.  I'll have to take out a small loan to replace all of those knobs, but we can dream, right?

Welcome to the keeping room.  Do you call it a hearth room?  We call it the keeping room.  Tomato, tomoto. :)

 I love the light that streams in through my favorite windows in the late afternoon.


A little fall bling for the kitchen table area

I have a love affair with white pumpkins.  Why?  Why do they intrigue me??

The top of my desk got a little makeover...

Come back tomorrow and we'll visit the rest of the kitchen and my back porch.

I'm linking up with Southern Hospitality, Imparting Grace, A Stroll Through Life, We Are That Family, and The Dedicated House and It's Overflowing and Inspiration Monday

16 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

Oh my goodness, this is such a beautiful home on such a gorgeous setting. I would have chosen this place too. Gorgeous interiors and I love your fall decor. Stunning. Thanks tons for linking to Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

Angel said...

What a spectacular home you have, and I love that color grey! Thanks for the tour.

Maybe you'd like to visit me at my blog? I have a Harvest Party theme going and I'd love you to stop by.

Blessings!

NanaNor's said...

Hi there, Love your home and area! Your decor is so welcoming and inviting. You've got a wonderful decorating and style-I love it!
Hugs, Noreen

Sarah said...

Oh it is breathtaking! Willow trees are my absolute favorite! We planted one when my first daughter was born and have watched it grow, just like her! What a warm and welcoming home!

An Oasis in the Desert said...

Your home is beautiful and in such a gorgeous setting! I adore your front porch!

Richella Parham said...

I love the name Willow Hill!! And everything looks just gorgeous for Fall. I want to come to Willow Hill in person! :)

Clorissa said...

You chose the perfect name for your beautiful home.

I love your Keeping Room. I have never heard of a Keeping Room until today. Cool.

Happy Fall to you!

Little Oak Table said...

It's all so cute! Makes me HAPPY!

efulk said...

so pretty! :) Erin

jnichs said...

Gorgeous! Can you share the paint color you used for your window trim? (The white, not the black.)

The McBreartys said...

I love the colors you have chosen for the exterior. What is the name of the paint you used for the white trim and the paint for the black shutters?

The McBreartys said...

I love the colors you chose for the exterior. What is the name of the paint you chose for the white trim and the paint for the black shutters? Love!

Kathy said...

Hi there,

I just found your blog on Pinterest and have immensely enjoyed seeing your lovely home. I know it has been a few years since the last posting, so I don't know if you will even get this, but I'll give it a try.

I have looked at so many exterior gray colors and it is quite a challenge to get one that is not too utilitarian, blah or has an undertone I don't want (like a green or blue house). I have a 1300 sq ft stucco home with reddish brick on porch and backyard patio and a gray roof. I love the Earl Grey on your home so I'm hoping I have finally found the color! What color white trim did you use? And although you can't see the brick I have, can you give some insight into whether you think your front door color might work? The shutters will be black.

Thank you so very much!

Kathy

kwallenbeck@gmail.com

Unknown said...


what a beautiful home! Love your Blog. What color are your shutters? I love everything about your beautiful home!

Barbara

Unknown said...

Wow!Everything is so beautiful!
May I ask you the paint color of your shutters? Also, is your roof black?
Thank you for sharing