January 30, 2009

Snow!

I know I'm a little late in posting this, but our family has been bitten by the strep throat bug.
Wow.  I had forgotten how it can bring me to my knees!  

Anyways, last week we were able to enjoy some (rare) snow.  When I raised the blinds that morning I was first struck by the quiet serenity. Secondly, I was reminded of the fact that this snow was a gift from God.  As much as we try to control the world around us, there are some things that only He is in control of... like snow.  I felt like a little girl that had just been given a gift from her daddy.  An unexpected gift.


Speaking of daddys, here is my sweet dad playing with his grandson in the snow.  I'm not sure who had more fun.  Silly boys!
And this daddy rocks!  He was the hero for his kids and the cool dad of the neighborhood.  His specialty: sled rides behind the 4wheeler!

3 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Wish I could have been one of the kids...we never get snow but I know when we do I will be acting just like a kid playing in it and throwing snowballs...woohooo...I am so ready for the white stuff.

Kellie said...

Yes... that snow was wonderful, wasn't it?

Strep throat... I had it about 5 years ago twice in the summer... the first time a couple of days after school and then right before school started back! It is definitely worse when you are older. lol :) Hope y'all are feeling better now!

Anonymous said...

I almost didn't see him on the 4-wheeler, he blended in with all that camo! :) Hope you guys are feeling better!