We'll start with the face since it's the window to your soul, or something like that. :)
1. Bronzer. If it is more than one shade darker than your natural skin color, please say no.
I walked into the dentist office the other day and was blinded by the orange woman behind the desk. I truly almost laughed out loud. I was just waiting for one of my children to ask the million dollar question.
2. Eyeliner on the bottom lid only. Girls, this only gives you that droopy eye look. No, not bedroom eyes... rather, the I-grew-up-in-the-80's look, or possibly the I'm-just-too-tired-to do-the-upper-lid. If you have to choose one lid, make it the top one.
Speaking of eyes...
3. There are a very select few (in the world) who should be allowed to wear Aviator sunglasses. If your name ends in Cruise, as in Tom or Penelope, then you may wear them without shame. Otherwise, just say no. Seriously.
See? Even in the 70's people thought they looked good in them. But they didn't, did they?
Let's just camp out here for a minute, shall we? There's so much worth mentioning:
high waisted pants, PLAID jacket with a MATCHING vest, the collar, the glasses, the hair. Oh my.
4. Matchy-match. Unless you are a 4 year old twin or on stage in Branson, Mo, it's usually not a good idea to try this look:
5. With spring just around the corner, I thought this might be helpful:
No matter how much of a studmuffin you may be, mint green suits are a no-no.
6. Speaking of mint green...
Can someone please explain this concept to me? Why does a toilet need a parka? Why does a toilet lid need a knitted hat? What is the purpose of this? Anyone?
Please undress your toilet. It's okay for it to go au-natural.
7. I have no good segue to this one. Because really, nothing goes with MOLESKIN fabric. Nothing. It should be outlawed. Only a woman over the age of 90 can get away with it; because if she has lived to that age, she has earned the right to wear whatever she doggone pleases. No one else. Period.
8. No words are needed for this one:
What's a fashion NO-NO that you wish everyone knew about?