1. We enjoyed a week of gorgeous weather here in NC. This is what school looked like for 2 days:
2. As we begin the descent of our second year of homeschooling, I am realizing that my friends were right when they warned me of curriculum overload. We switched grammar/language books in January and I am still considering a new science route since the other one remained on the shelf for most of the year.
3. Since my science mojo has long been forgotten, I decided a field trip to the NC Zoo would count for Life Science. Right?
(A super fun day with our buddies, the Moores)
4. If the zebras, snakes, and flamingos weren't enough life science, the baboons decided to give us a detailed anatomical education. And a desire to purchase PreparationH.
I just smiled and remained pleasant. At least she wasn't wearing moleskin.
6. I'm not usually addicted to tv programs, but this season's American Idol is making me very, very happy. There is so much incredible talent, that I will probably be happy regardless of who wins. Personal favorites? Casey, Paul, Lauren, Pia and James. See? It's win-win!
7. My mom took us girls on a shopping spree last night. I mourned the fact that we made purchases from the Juniors department. Sigh.
8. I know my blog suffered this week, but I chose to spend extra time outside with my kiddos. Good mommy points are more important than blog statistics.
9. My daughter found a wedding photo today and said, "you guys were so thin and young!"
Forget the mommy points.
10. Since the weather teased us for the past week, we decided to do the spring clothes-switch-out. Today the high is 49 with tomorrow being 42. What does one wear on a very cold spring day? I must say, it is a fashion quandary.