August 10, 2011
10 on the 10th
2. We are now into our third week of school and we're finally back in our groove and enjoying it immensely. The first week is always T-O-U-G-H. We've ironed out the kinks and now we're sailing along.
3. I was Facebook lurking and found someone I knew in high school. She had recently posted pictures of her dead dog in a doggie casket, complete with a blue satin pillow and blanket. Anyone else find this extremely bizarre?
4. Speaking of bizarre, what is it with Walmart and pajamas? Throughout the country, I've experienced this phenomenon. Have you noticed it? Who walks out of the house and decides to head to Walmart wearing Tweety bird pajamas?
6. One of our chickens stopped laying eggs. I had my hubby, ahem, check things out because I was envisioning 5 days worth of eggs being stuck. Eww. Apparently she is brooding (?) which means she sits in the little nesting box, thinking she's sitting on eggs. Silly girl. Or maybe it's just too stinkin' hot for her.
8. I discovered a large piece of shower curtain on the bathroom floor and a pair of scissors discreetly placed nearby. After a nice little "what were you thinking" chat, I'm still wondering about the thought process that took place. Each of my children skipped the destructive stage that usually comes with toddlerhood. It showed up a few years later with a signature on the stairway wall (duh, don't sign your name!) from child #1; lipgloss kiss marks on the door frame from child #2; and now the shower curtain from child #3. Whew! I hope that's the end of that!
9. I'm a sucker for shows that make me cry. Extreme Makeover Home Edition, Coming Home, and even Undercover Boss. We're talking the ugly cry.
10. We took a quick weekend trip to visit my brother and sister-in-law for military family day. We had a blast riding on one of the fastest boats in the Navy... with my brother driving! Another reason to be proud and so thankful for our military.