1. Not too long ago, my dear friend Tracey asked for some help in finding furniture for her new deck. It took me very little time to dig through the internets to find some good possibilities. I made a few suggestions on placement and groupings. All of this was done via email. As you know, I love anything that has to do with designing living space, so it was a treat to get to help her.
Imagine my surprise a couple of weeks later when I opened my mailbox to find a package. A real package with my name on it!
She had lovingly handcrafted a beautiful cover for my Kindle, complete with a little blingy button. Along with it was the sweetest note of thanks for my help. I am the one who needs to thank her: for her friendship, for her labor of love. Isn't it beautiful??
Thank you, Tracey!
2. Speaking of labor... our sweet little hens have been very busy too! We are now collecting a rainbow of eggs each day. They're kinda like people: different colors and sizes on the outside, pretty much the same on the inside. :)
3. My dear friend Lisa knows my affinity for NUTELLA. On Sunday she handed me a beautiful package with a sly grin. Inside I found not one, but two jars of chocolate bliss. It was a true gift because she used her "limit of 2" coupon and gave them BOTH to me. Wowsa!
4. I am enjoying a gift from my mom each time I open my back door. She gave me a hanging basket of gerber daisies at the beginning of the summer. I split them up and planted them along our walkway. They have bloomed profusely all summer long. She knows they are one of my favorite flowers and each time I see them, it makes me smile.
5. Within the past week, I was shown the gift of hospitality by two different friends who lovingly opened their homes to my kids and me. What joy to savor the gift of friendship over some yummy food. Thank you Suzanne and Susan!
6. Speaking of savory... I love how certain smells bring back precious memories. My mom surprised me with this little packet of herbs. Herbes de Provence takes me back to a wonderful adventure in France that she and I shared many years ago.
Each gift is so unique, yet they all speak love.
Hope you have a gift filled day!