1. I don't know about you, but I welcomed October with open arms.... and candycorn nail night with my girls. So fun!
2. We've been official chicken owners for over a year now. Our egg lay-ers have been producing eggs since last November. A few weeks ago, we were up to 5 eggs a day. Then something happened and we suddenly went from 5 to 1. We thought maybe something was getting in the coop and collecting the eggs, like a snake or racoon. We also noticed that our beautiful birds were looking R.O.U.G.H. Thanks to the vast knowledge found on the internet, we discovered that our girls were molting. They don't lay when molting.
Well, guess what happens when you don't do your job:
3. Haha! Just kidding. We've been raising meat birds, too. I've got a whole post on that coming up soon... I know you're waiting on pins and needles. Our egg layers are alive and kicking and we're patiently waiting for the egg production to pick back up.
4. On Saturday I was cutting through the parking lot of a local strip mall when suddenly I realized that I had driven right through the
5. Dinner conversation last week :
Sister: My brother has a great memory.
Brother: Yeah, I do. I remember my birth nurse.
Mom: Huh? Whaaa????
6.I reached my limit last week and joyfully announced that this week would be fall break. Whoops and shrieks ensued, and then I pulled myself together to allow the kids to respond.
7. To celebrate our first day of break, we went hiking yesterday. It was one of those perfect mornings: sunny and brisk. We met some dear friends who are also celebrating their fall break. I'm not sure who had more fun, the moms or the kids.
What is bringing you joy this first week of October?