November 4, 2011

5 on Friday

1. I drove for the first time in 10 days today.  We needed to get out of the house groceries so we headed to Target.  Each of the kids was armed with their own gift cards/cash.   This made for less complaining and more enthusiasm in helping me collect the necessities. Since I had to walk at half the pace I usually do, it took us about 2 hours to get through the store.  At one point one of my kids generously offered to go find a Target wheelchair.  I declined.

2. I rewarded all of us with a drink when we finished.  The kids chose an Icee.  I chose ... wait for it... Starbucks must have known I was coming ... Gingerbread Latte.  Yes!  The holiday flavas are back in town!

3. Judging from the lack of comments, I'm guessing my little photography series wasn't a big hit.  I'll still do one more about camera/lens choices, I suppose.

4. My parents are celebrating 44 years of wedded bliss today.  I am blessed.

5. A few dear-hearted friends have provided dinner for our family this week.  My kids were wondering how long they could last on boxed mac-n-cheese and canned soup for lunch and dinner.  Needless to say, my energy level has been very limited.  By the time we finish our school day (albeit on the couch most days this week) I am worn out.  I am so thankful that my kiddos are at the self-reliant age.  Cereal would have been a wee bit old by this point in the game.  I am so blessed to have such caring friends!
Tonight we are going to prove that the geniuses in the marketing world really know how to draw us in what they're doing.  We've seen the same IHOP commercial about four times this week and finally I looked at my husband and said, "We've got to go!"  Yep, livin' it large on a Friday night.  We're cool like that.  Rootie Tootie Fresh and Fruity, here I come!

9 comments:

Laura Robinson said...

So so glad you are feeling well enough to get out of the house...I know that helps me so much.

I did love your photography series!!! (Just was too lazy to comment. I am sorry for that. :))
That last picture of your little girls at the beach may or may not have made me cry. But I'm pregnant, so that's not abnormal.

PS I have to tell you, I have seen your girls at church, and I have seen them on the blog and I still can't for the life of me figure out which one is older. I love that. With my girls being 21 months apart I am hoping they will be so close when they are that age that others can't tell them apart either.
(I have been asked if they are twins...they are 3 and 1...now that's just silly.)

Anonymous said...

I have truly enjoyed your photography tutorials, I just have not had an opportunity to play with either of my cameras. I have had a Nikon D100 for about a year and my sweet husband found a great offer for a Nikon D40x. This is the first time I have ever commented on your blog but I have been silently following for some time now. Thank you for being such an encouragement and real about life issues.

Sandy said...

I love your photography blogs!

Thoughts for the day said...

What did I miss? what happened to you?

Talysa said...

So glad you are feeling better. The wheelchair...I don't blame you. ;-)

Next time you treat yourself to a holiday cup...you must try the salted caramel mocha latte. Like drinking a chocolate pretzel. :-)

I missed the photography posts...but that isn't saying much. I have been MIA in the blog world for a few days. I'm sure they are great though...if YOU like writing about it...WRITE ON! Don't worry about response. I once thought no one looked at my blog...then I happened to go into the blogger statistics for the first time ever in 4 years and saw that a LOT read...but not a fraction even respond. Write on friend! ;-)

Kellieab said...

I check your blog every couple of days, and always enjoy reading what you have written. I'm just really bad at commenting on anyone's blog. Sorry about that. :(

Angel said...

LOVE the photography posts, actually looking forward to using the info over Thanksgiving for a little family fun photo shoot. I like that you are able to put your tips down in a readable fashion instead of getting uber technical and daunting. My camera has been underutilized lately and I am feeling guilty for not having taken the time to know it, so thank you for getting me geared up to visit it again!

I am glad you are on the mend!
Blessings,
Angel

Kimberly said...

Love your insight on photography...keep it coming!! I just got my new toy and need all the help I can get!

Little Oak Table said...

I LOVED the photography post!! OK, I'm going back thru your blogs, I must've missed something. I'm all for taking 2 hours in Targe', but it sounds like you are hurt?