November 8, 2011

Who Needs Perfect Anyways?


Today was one of those perfect days.  The kids got their work done quickly; I went to the grocery store by myself; we did art.
Okay, we did what the average, Joe-the-Plumber would call art.  I'm sure all of my true artist friends are rolling their eyes right about now.  But hey, we used paint!  I found this idea on Pinterest, my new favorite place on the web.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about click on the Pinterest button in the right column of my blog.  If you want to find out how to "do" Pinterest, go here for a great tutorial.  

As I demonstrated, they oohhed and ahhhed over my artistic ability.  Which totally rocks because I can't draw a good stick figure to save my life.    But if they want to be impressed with my Qtip ability, so be it.  Bwahahaha!!! 

The weather was PERFECTION today, so we did art on the screened porch while listening to the audio version of The 39 Clues.  Have you read this series?  I was skeptical at first, but we're on book 5 and other than the "stupid" word used a little much, it's fantastic.  I love when a book/series takes the reader to real places/people around the world.  So far my kids have learned about Benjamin Franklin, the Catacombs, Egyptian Pyramids, Motzart, and the Motherland Calls statue.  Actually, I just learned about that last one.  We even looked it up on Wikipedia.  Because the art teacher didn't know what it was.


My kids were itching to get outside to play so I made an executive decision that we would do math this evening so they would have longer to play in daylight.  Feeling a little smug about how well our day had gone, I looked out the window a minute ago and saw my 8 year old running around in his underwear and my 10 year old with lipstick all over her face.
 Oh well, who needs perfection?

9 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'll take that kind of "perfection" any day! What a joy to see your children with sweet smiles on their faces playing and carefree. Way to go Mom!!! :-)

emily bennett said...

hahahaha i love it. underwear and lipstick. that is perfect :)

Amy said...

Laughing about running around in his underwear.....something MY boys would've done at that age. LOL! They're not much better now as teen-agers. Gotta love 'em! And omg........I LOVE Pinterest now too!!!!!! What a fun art project!

ARK said...

That is the perfect PERFECT art project for kiddos...I WHOLE heartedly agree that anything with paint in any form is an absolute art achievement ...anything with MARKERS is an art achievement for the kiddos in my house ;)

Bree said...

love this art project and I like the photography series-thanks :) hope you're feeling better!

Kellie said...

Love the art. Love the fact that your eight year old was running around in his underwear and your 10 year old was wearing lipstick. Loved today. Love you, too. :) Glad you were able to get out and about today by yourself.

Little Oak Table said...

too funny!

oh, i love days like that!!

you're such a good mama!

Little Oak Table said...

OH MY GOSH YOU GOT THROWN FROM A HORSE??? I AM SO SORRY GIRL, THAT IS KINDA TRAUMATIC ISN'T IT? I'M SO GLAD YOU DID NOT HAVE ORGAN DAMAGE...

Amy said...

Great project! What kind of paint did you use? I am art-challenged.