November 17, 2011

Things That Made Me Laugh This Week


1. As I sat in the paper towel outfit on the doctor's table I couldn't hide a giggle when I read the "Having a Blonde Moment" plaque hanging on the examining room wall.  My doctor is African American.

2. After a quick walk through Walmart (at a location we typically don't frequent) my daughter said, "Mom, why are we the only people who weren't weird in there?"

3. We spent the morning watching a dear friend's 6 month old baby.  It was precious to watch my kids be so enthralled with her.  My sweet boy, with pleading chocolate eyes said, "please can we have one?"

4. Last night my group of 7th grade girls were oohing and aahing over Scotty McCreery.  At one point one of them said, "do you know any of his songs?"  To which most of them muttered a quiet "no."

5. This is my new mantra:

I think it's a brilliant response to my kids' favorite phrase.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been a busy week.  The Lord is teaching me many things.  I have been blessed in unexpected ways.  I'm so thankful for grace.
I hope you've been blessed!

7 comments:

Amy said...

#3 is SO sweet! So is he gonna get his wish?? And I LOVE the photo of the 3 of them......precious!

Melissa Pelton said...

My children have learned a phrase from a teacher at Underwood Elem, "You get what you get, and you don't throw a fit"

My fav is "The Lord never promised us it was going to be easy, however Jesus was the perfect promise given to you" Made that up myself...simple and true!

Do like the FAIR sign, it's also the worst place to eat cotton candy, considering the sickness this past year...don't tell them that nugget of info, otherwise your sign won't stick...punny! So glad we didn't even step foot in the petting areas or animal sections. The only animal we visited were the bunnies, they're my very fav...had a big bunny when I was little!! Suzy, was her name.

Happy to hear you had a blessed week!!

monicadvance said...

And if I had a blog...my post today might would have been..."Things that made my week" and the first post would most definitely be about a sweet friend that volunteered to love on my baby so that I could have a morning to myself. What a treat it was to run in lots of stores without a baby in her carrier and all that goes with her. I loved my free morning...thank you, thank you, thank you, sweet friend! And your kiddos are the best, too! I am so very thankful for you!

emily bennett said...

oh the title of your post popped up in my feed and i couldn't wait to check out what made you laugh :)

paper towel outfit? that was the funniest thing ever. ugh those things.

and the blonde moment for your black doctor? oh stop! did you ask her why? :)

those were my favorite things, but loved all of it!

truth in weakness said...

we had a #3 kind of weekend here (although sans the request) with an enthralled little boy here as well. a dimension i don't usually get to see, & it was incredibly precious.

Little Oak Table said...

HA HA HA!!!!!

SO FUNNY!!!

thanks for the new one liner!

speaking of cotton candy, i had a taste of marble slab's cotton candy ice cream and it was surprisingly yummy :)

Gretchen said...

I'm glad you had some laughter this week, GOTE. Sounds like you needed it. Praying for you.