January 25, 2012

Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Bars

You know how it is.  You've been doing great on your healthy eating plan, and then you blow it by eating a processed, packaged treat you found in your kids' lunchbox stash.  Well, I'm telling you, this recipe is worth blowing the diet over.  Go big or go home.  :)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Ganache Bars

1 (18.25) package plain yellow cake mix
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 eggs

1 (12 oz) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
2 Tablespoons butter


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine cake mix, melted butter, peanut butter, and eggs in a large bowl using a mixer or spoon. 
Press this into a 9X13 pan reserving 1 1/2 cups of the mixture to crumble on top.
In a small pot, combine chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk, and butter; stirring until melted. Remove from heat and spread chocolate mixture over the mixture pressed in the pan. Crumble the 1 1/2 cups of reserved cake mixture on top evenly. 
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars. 

6 comments:

Sweat Is My Sanity said...

I could go for a batch of those right about now. :)

KR said...

Holy smokes! And this even seems easy.

kimberly said...

Ohhh I am so making these today! Thanks for sharing. What about the recipe from your FB with the cake mix, chocolate pudding and dark choc chips?? :-)

Mom said...

Wait a minute... you sent me your boy but you didn't send me one of these?! That's fine because your boy consumes calories but doesn't add them, & he's much sweeter!
As always, had a ball with him tonight!

Rebecca said...

this sounds (and looks) really good. something to look forward to when my diet, becomes maintaining. :)

Joy for the Seasons said...

It has been awhile since I ventured over here to read your posts. Love your heart-to-heart talks, but am never disappointed my your recipes! :) "Go big or go home" gave me a huge chuckle tonight, too!