September 21, 2012

New House: Paint and Cabinets Make My Day

 My cabinets were installed over the weekend.  This empty space finally feels like a kitchen...  the space where we will make many memories and yummy delights.  Two sets of doors have to be replaced because they didn't match the others but my builder/husband said that's normal. I learn as I go. ;)
 I found my knobs and pulls at Hobby Lobby.  Good news: they were a great price and I love the look.  Bad news: the pulls didn't come with screws.  Now I get to hand paint the silver screws to match the black pulls.

The exterior is coming along nicely.  Making the paint decision was SCARY.  I messed up royally on the first house we built, so I was gun shy on this one.  However, I am thrilled with the results.  Earl Grey by Sherwin Williams is a winner!  It is a clear grey, no blue or purple undertones.  Perfection.


7 comments:

The Corbett Family said...

VEEERRRY Nice, love all the work done so far. I know you guys are getting excited. Next time you come to Hobby Lobby let me know, I'll run over and meet you for lunch.

Eleanor said...

Gretchen, squeal (a word I learned from you :)!!! I LOVE it!!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful home where many memories will be made. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Kellieab said...

Congratulations on your new home! It looks beautiful! I love the paint color!

Emily said...

beautiful kitchen and I love all the textures on the front of your home! (& the color of it as well!)

ashley said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

O Mom said...

and a blogger who is building a new house and shares lots of pictures makes my day! Has been so fun seeing the progress, it is truly a beautiful house, you must feel so blessed! keep the updates coming! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, georgeous!!!

Jennifer, NC