October 27, 2008

May the Force be With You

Over the weekend we celebrated our baby's 5th birthday.  I had a hard time with this one.  My baby is no longer a toddler.  5 seems so big!  My momma heartstrings were having trouble letting go a little.  Lots to look forward to, many memories to cherish.

Enough sentimental (can't take it, or the tears will start).
I've talked about my Manly Man before.  His blog name is description enough.  He is all about the outdoors, hunting etc...
But did you know that he could do this:
I had my doubts.  I didn't know such talent lurked beneath.  I also had a little control issue when it came to planning the birthday party/cake thing. But then I came home to this and had to eat my words:

Guess who never has to make another birthday cake again?  Me!  
He has a new job in our family.  Watch out, Ace of Cakes, my Manly Man may give you a run for the money!


Having two older girls, I did not realize the ease of throwing a boy birthday party.

They don't need crafts or cooking or crowns.  
Boys just want to play!

While we did have a few games, a hayride and a scavenger hunt, the rest of the party was all about the lightsabers.
Yes, that is Anekin Skywalker (aka. birthday boy) in the white oufit.

See how easy it is?  I even had time to enjoy the balloon game with the kids.

Happy Birthday, little man.  You are such a little spark of fun and a bundle of snuggles.








8 comments:

The Berry's Patch said...

That is the cutest lightsaber cake I've ever seen...well it's the only lightsaber cake I've seen. But now that it's out in blogland I can see tons of people making it.

My baby just turned 6 and I'm sad. Although he still sits on my lap, I realize he won't forever. What a sad sad thought. :-(

Shell in your Pocket said...

That is truly the best cake ever!!! My son would of loved it at that age..what a fun party!!!!

Happy Birthday to him!
-Sandy toes

Lacy said...

My hubs has joined in on all of my kids cakes and boy he shows me up. He has the hidden talent like your man. The party and cake look great!!! I love to plan parties. Looks like a super boy party.

Lacy said...

You know I always have to prefece with "Im not physco"...promise. But I did notice your cute plate...I have wanted one for years.....and I love the cup that looks like it is your mans (on the counter). My hubby looks cute drinking from a kid cup. Tee Hee!

Christy said...

My sons would have loved that cake.

Very impressive!

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday to your little guy! I loved five. Sounds like the party was a blast... no pun intended there. lol I am quite impressed with your Manly Man's cake. I can't do that with both eyes opened, recipe in hand and a picture to guide me. LOL

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

NOT...NOT...HE DID NOT make that himself, but he truly did, didn't he? Your husband ROCKS! (but of course he does, he married you, didn't he?):)

trish said...

What a terrific cake! My son would have loved it! Seems our boys have a birthday very near one another. I would love that Nathan would turn 5 ... again! :o) Miss those days ... sniff! :o) He prides himself now that he can lift me and carry me half way across the room!! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne