October 11, 2008

Clippity Clop No More Rain Drops

We've been in the mountains since Tuesday and today (Saturday) was our first day without rain.  Sigh.  While it has been a fun, relaxing week, we were so excited to have a nice day.  And beautiful it was.  My girls and I had the opportunity to take a trail ride.  
Yes, she's fabulous, even on a horse.
Is it too early to choose our Christmas tree, because I like the 3rd one on the right.
Oh!  Did I mention it is starting peak week for fall colors here in the mountains of NC?!
Wish you were here!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i like......

Suzann said...

Such beautiful scenery. Thanks for sharing the photos - I'm always inspired by nature.

Suz said...

What a wonderful way to spend a fall morning in the mountains. There is nothing like mountain air! God is so good.
P.S. Love the sunglasses that your fashion girl is wearing. So stylish!

Joy said...

what a gorgeous place to take a ride!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

HOw long do you think peak will last. My father in law was supposed to come down this week, but we asked if he could wait since I have to speak in Asheville on Wed. Do you think the leaves will still be there the week of the 25th?
Anyhow, I sure will get peak this week...yipee.