October 18, 2008

Bargain Basket n' Such

One of the largest new neighborhoods in our area had a huge yard sale a few weeks ago.
Unfortunately, we had soccer games all morning, so I couldn't get over there until noon.
Well, maybe it was better that way ... it could have been really dangerous!
I did hit the 'motherload' at one house, though.
I walked away with ALL of this for $6.50!  Can you believe that?  Yeah, that house will be first on my list if they ever do another yard sale!


Aren't these adorable?  Eight of them for this price!  They are the perfect size for ice cream, jello, grapes.  Notice I did not include all desserts, as I prefer a soup bowl size for most. ;o)


This little bird house looks great on my teacart in my new room.


The basket is really a great size.  It holds our library books.  I have found that if I don't keep them in one location, they end up all over the house and sometimes get lost.  (I'm sure that never happens to you)

I have visions of grandeur for the bird cage.  Spray paint will be involved.  Hmm... maybe tomorrow I will tackle that project.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great finds! Nothing is prettier than white dishes, and those small bowls are yummy.

I hear you about the library books. My next project is to find a basket to hold our books. Thanks for the great idea!

Anonymous said...

wow! that's good. I can't bargain... I must learn it.

AJ said...

Love your finds! And we NEVER lose a library book. Wink Wink;)

Lacy said...

I found some garage sale finds and am still needing to post the pics, but girl....yours blow mine out of the water. Those bowls are so cute, but way to small for dessert containg chocolate, peanut butter or pumpkin!!!!! The bird cage is my fave.....I can only find them for $40!!!! Congrats on the finds.

trish said...

What fun goodies!! We too have a library basket! It has saved us trips to hunt books under beds, tucked in the couch or any other comfy place a book might get read!
I can't wait to see your finished birdhouse project!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne