October 13, 2008

Apples Anyone?

We are home again.
Sigh.  Back to reality.  Back to schedules and school and laundry.
But I'm not ready.
So I'm going to find my happy place and pretend that I am still here:

Rocking on this front porch of my friend's farmhouse.  Isn't this restored home beautiful?
You won't believe the surroundings!  It is nestled deep in the NC mountains.  It boasts 3000 blueberry bushes and hundreds of these:
Yes, glorious apple trees!
One word to describe the orchards that surround the house:  Picturesque!  
Ah, the cool mountain air, the rustle of leaves, the buzzing of bees ... oh, wait.  I don't like bees.

Time to snap out of it and enjoy the gift of today.
While I'm munching on these:

9 comments:

JVS said...

Wow...I am so jealous (but not in a sinful way, of course)! ;-)

Love the house,the front porch, and the orchards! It looks peaceful and inviting. What a blessing to get to enjoy God's creation, even if only for a short time.

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Wow, what a beautiful, peaceful looking home. And those apples, yummy, yummy!!

Blessings,

Sher

trish said...

What a beautiful get a way you all must have had. I can only imagine how wonderful it was to take in all of the surroundings and the porch just beckons to you!
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

OhhMy Gifts & Things said...

I would love to have a bearing apple tree. I did get one apple this year from our tree. Maybe next year will be the year!!

Shell in your Pocket said...

What a great porch....can I come with you???? I just got back and reality has hit and off to do the "schedule"!
Happy Monday!
-Sandy Toes

Darlene said...

That looks like a FABULOUS place. I would love to be there!!

AJ said...

Absolutely gorgeous! How relaxing:)

Lacy said...

Wow!!! What a perfect get away!! Wow! I want to live there. I only see places like that in pictures!!

Kirstin said...

wow that is beautiful!