July 1, 2009

Easy Cobbler


1 cup sugar
1 cup flour
1 cup fruit
1.5 tsp baking powder
3/4 cup milk (I use skim)
pinch of salt
1/2 stick butter

Melt butter in the bottom of a casserole dish in microwave.
Combine other ingredients (except fruit).
Pour over melted butter, do not stir.
Drop fruit on top.
Do not stir.


It will look like this (above).
Bake at 325 for 1 hour.


It comes out like this.  


It is consumed like this:
It is divine and SO easy.  I used frozen blueberries.  The original recipe calls for a can of peaches, drained.  I think a combo of peaches and blueberries would be delish!  You can use fresh, frozen, or canned.  Beautiful.

*I doubled this recipe for our family of 5 to have leftovers.  I made it recently and it yielded just enough for our dessert not doubled.  When doubling, I only do 3/4 stick of butter.  A whole stick makes it too greasy.  Gee, I wonder why.

Enjoy the bounty of summer fruit!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, cobbler. How I love thee.

I think this is my mom's recipe without the baking powder. I'm going to try the baking powder next time. I wonder if it makes it fluffier. Sometimes I even double the crust because that's my favorite part.

You know what goes good with this? BlueBell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream.

Anonymous said...

P.S. Get on with your PW picture taking self. For a minute I thought I was visiting her blog!!

Mom. said...

Being the grateful recipient of a serving of this tonight, I can vouch for the yumminess of it!!!

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

oh my friend - we make this same recipe. It's SO yummy, isn't it? I eat WAY too much of it when I double it. Our blackberries are finally getting ripe and you can bet we'll make this a few times. :)

Tracey said...

Love this recipe! I've used it for years for peach cobbler..so easy, and there's really nothing better!

Maricar said...

I use the same easy recipe, except using self rising flour (omit the baking powder). We love it with blackberries - canned or fresh. :) Your pictures make me want to make one now!

Marie said...

One word - YUMMY! I am so going to try this recipe. Thank you for sharing! Great photos - made me drool.

Blessings,
Marie
http://emmacallsmemama.com

Chris said...

Cobbler always seemed like too much work to me, but this recipe looks like something even I could make!! I've already printed it out, and I can't wait to use it! Thank you!!

Anonymous said...

i do this same recipe w/ (canned) peaches, & LOOOOVE it. it's about as "complicated" as i want to get w/ baking. hehe. and yes, the peach version is way delish, too!
- tanya :)

Kristin said...

Isn't this the best? I make this same recipe. The other day I did sliced peaches with blueberries. It was delicious!