November 16, 2010

Tablescapes (part 1)

Each year our church hosts a women's fellowship to prepare our hearts and homes for the holidays.  It is such a fun morning because each lady has the opportunity to sign up for a couple of practical seminars and attend a brunch while listening to an inspirational speaker.
There are usually about 25-30 tables decorated by different women.  I gain so much inspiration from these tablescapes that I thought I'd share them with you.
 Fall Bounty  A metal pumpkin (larger than a basketball) is filled with pumpkins, acorns, apples and gourds.  The square tins were filled with chocolate as a party favor.  Gorgeous!

 Whimsical Winter  I loved the lime green and bright red on the table. Everything about this table made me happy.

 Rustic and Warm  The use of natural elements (pinecones and live holly) along with lanterns and plaid made this table so inviting.

 Happy and Bold Everything about this table was joyful.  I loved the brown, red and bright green.  The centerpiece was different from every angle.  The picture above is one side of the table and the picture below is the view from the other side.



 Creative and Simple  This is a centerpiece using what she already had:  the fall wreath from her front door, some beautiful leaf candles and mason jars with votives.  If you look closely she tied twine around the jars and slipped silk leaved under the twine to decorate the mason jars.  Brilliant!  Oh, and check out the party favor (bottom left): flower pins for everyone.

 You Can Do that to a Gourd? This was amazing!  She cut the top off the gourd and planted cabbage and pansies inside.  I loved the natural beauty.


 Funky and Festive  This table went beyond the traditional red and green.  Talk about creative, look at the bowls under the tree and holding the giant ornaments.  She took a soup bowl, turned it upside down and placed a plate/serving bowl on top to give it some height.  Wow.
She also used her fine china as a charger so that she could use the fun paper plates.  Less mess too!

Tomorrow I will show the rest of the table ideas.  Which one is your favorite so far?

To see the ideas from past years, click here and here and here and here and definitely here.  Or just type "table" in the I'm Looking For... box on the right.

11 comments:

heidi @ wonder woman wannabe said...

looks like a fun event! I liked the last one best. :)

Karen Bundy Barlow said...

I like funky and festive!

Richella Parham said...

What a beautiful bunch of tablescapes! I think I like the first one best, altough it would be hard to choose just one favorite! Sounds like a really wonderful event.

Sandy said...

I thought I saw all of them that day, but you had a couple here that I missed. I like them all (thanks for the vote of confidence, Richella...) but I especially like the one with the gourds! Glad you got the pictures!

Sandy said...

I thought I saw all of them that day, but you had a couple here that I missed. I like them all (thanks for the vote of confidence, Richella...) but I especially like the one with the gourds! Glad you got the pictures!

Tracey said...

I loved the tables! I was wandering around the room snapping pictures...hopefully I can try to duplicate something before Christmas morning!

I loved the large gourd with the cabbage planted. Beautiful!

Speaking of table decorations, I have a request for a blog post. I need help decorating my dining room table. Not for the holidays, for the other 11 months of the year. I need something on there so I'll stop using it as a clutter depository.

Thanks for the post!

Carolina Gal said...

The tables are glorious! Our banquet is this Friday and I cannot wait!

Kellie said...

I love them all. So creative and neat! I love the lime green and bright red. :)

Little Oak Table said...

what a wonderful idea to start the holidays off with a fellowship like that. love it!

Little Oak Table said...

what a wonderful idea to start the holidays off with a fellowship like that. love it!

Ryan, Corrie, Max, and Jack said...

The funky and festive, for sure! I will have to try and remember some of those ideas for when we decorate next week. (Seriously?? Next week?!?!)