May 9, 2012

Easy Lemonade Cake

1 (3 oz) pkg. lemon Jello
3/4 cup boiling water
1 box yellow or lemon cake mix
3/4 cup oil
4 eggs
1 frozen lemonade concentrate
powdered sugar**

Mix boiling water and jello until dissolved. Set aside.
In mixer, combine cake mix, eggs, and oil.  Gradually add in jello mixture.

Grease and flour* bunt pan.  Bake at 350 for 55 minutes.
While cake is still hot, combine powdered sugar** and thawed lemonade concentrate with a whisk.  Poke holes into top of cake and pour half of the lemonade mixture over cake.
Let cool.
Remove cake from pan and serve with 1 tsp. of remaining icing drizzled over each slice.

*I use 1 Tbs of the dry cake mix so there are no ugly white flour  chunks stuck to the bottom of my cake.
**The more powdered sugar you use, the less tart the icing will be.  I used about 3Tbs of powdered sugar and it was very tart (but that's how we like it).
Enjoy!

I'm linking up with Richella today!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

that sounds and looks amazing. on the frozen concentrate, is it the smallest can you can buy?

Richella Parham said...

Yum, yum, YUM! Jack would love this--lemon desserts are some of his favorite. He especially loves lemon glaze--I think I'm going to try this for him! I LOVE a recipe that uses a cake mix as a starting point. This one looks like it has a really yummy "crust" (is that what you call the browned outer layer?).

Question: do you use a 6 oz. frozen lemonade or a 12 oz. can for the glaze? Sometimes when a recipe calls for 6 oz. I just buy the larger one and measure out 6 fluid ounces--then mix the rest up into lemonade. I love lemonade made from concentrate! :)

Thank you so much for joining Grace at Home! I really appreciate it.