1. Is this a familiar sight at your house? Fall ball just started up this week. My lil man got moved to the next age level and looking at the various sizes on his team reminds me of God's sense of humor. It's hilarious to watch this age scramble for the bases, pick clovers and try to look tough all at the same time. I am so thankful for a sport that my big and lil man can enjoy together.
2. Last week I hosted a Girls Night Out... In. We indulged in these. S'mores brownies. Oh yeah, baby! It's like having a campfire without the stinky smell in your clothes afterwards. Would you like the recipe?
3. There is a reason queen size beds are made. This is how my girl sleeps every. single. night. Forty-three names, personalities and specific sleeping spaces. Girls are relational, right?
4. I'm still mulling over and savoring the events surrounding the wedding. With the bride's family being from the Michigan, I learned that there are some wedding customs that vary between the north and south. Did you know that in the north cash is more likely a wedding gift than a wrapped present? I think it is a great idea! It saves the new couple the headache of having to do returns, plus they can use it to purchase necessary items (like a vacuum!)
Apparently a bridesmaid luncheon is a southern thing. I didn't realize this until it was met with puzzlement from the bride and groom. Here in the south it is a nice luncheon given to the bride and her girls the day of/before the wedding. It is a time for the bride to honor her bridesmaids and for them to enjoy each other's company before the craziness of the day begins. How about your area? Is it just a southern thing?
5. We enjoyed PERFECT weather in the mountains over Labor Day weekend. 68 and sunny. My body obviously isn't used to perfection because I came home with a nasty head cold. Yes, I'm whining. No one is allowed to whine at our house except me.
6. Sunday will be our first time back to church in three weeks. I am so excited to be back with our church family and worship together. As an added bonus, it is the start of a new sunday school year for the kiddos and the big reveal of our make-over of the welcome/worship areas.