March 22, 2010

The Perfect Cookie

Snickerdoodles

1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup margarine, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 large egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour

4 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

In a mixing bowl, beat the butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. Add the 1 cup sugar, baking soda, and cream of tartar. Beat until combined, scraping sides of bowl occasionally. Beat in the egg and vanilla until well blended. Beat in as much flour as you can with the mixer, and stir in remaining flour.
*Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 1 hour. Or place in freezer (in metal bowl) for 30 minutes.

Heat oven to 375.
Combine the 4 tablespoons sugar and 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture to coat.
Place balls of dough 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 10 to 11 minutes or until edges are beautifully golden.
They come out in perfect, beautiful circles!

8 comments:

Little Oak Table said...

Oh girl, don't even get me started on how GREAT Snickerdoodle's are! I knew you had great taste :).

We've even made a batch and frozen half of the dough-it thaws out and bakes beautifully.

Are ya'll on Spring Break this week?!

Amber said...

You had me at "cookie."

So wish we could bake these together while sipping on some coffee....the only thing that would make them more perfect.

B. said...

Oh My Word. I do love a cookie.

Gretchen said...

Wow! Guess what I baked today? Yep. Must be something to do w/the name. ;-). I never seem to make snickerdoodles, but today, I just had to have them...ahem for my daughter's lunches this week.

Sandy said...

Wait a minute... I was at your house last night for dinner, then you were at my house for Bible study, & I didn't SEE a one of my very favorite cookie? Something fishy in Denmark... But I'm sure gonna copy this recipe!

Andrea said...

Snickerdoodles are just about my favorite cookie, despite the fact they aren't chocolate! They are so easy to make and so yummy to eat!

Sandy said...

Sometimes "complaining" works.. as in, I got 2 Snickerdoodles 2 hours after my post... YUM!!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

mmm these look yummy! i must try them now!